Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones

Sign in to follow this  

Genre: RPG

Year released: 2019

Ross's notes: Hugely promising, completely onboard with the theme, but having a reliance on rations acts as a constant timer in what's a narrative-focused game.   Giving up for now, may reconsider with mods.

Ross's rating: Love/Hate

Link to game:

Free to play: No

GaaS: No

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

yeah love/hate here too, i knew nothing about this game until this list was made of, i didn't even know it was a kickstarter game, so i play until a bugbreak force me to stop and i try to play again at least 3 times with no sucess, until 3 months later they patch the game and finally i could continue and for my dismay this game is unfinished, literally, you have 2 quest that say "go over here" and  simply there's no "here" in the game, the game just end before you can complete the MAIN quest...later i found out the devs chose that way cuz they have a tight schedule, well...so what? I prefer to wait to play a complete game than a unfinished one, but they have a calendar and they promised to release at the time and bla bla bla. The game have much potential and that's what makes me sad, is not worth it.

Pass, I hate Lovecraftian games that treat the original material as just something to reference: they're the story equivalent of an asset flip.