ZP creator likes FM

The Zero Punction creator, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, recently did a Q and A thing or reddit. Among the random questions, was one about what he likes, and Yahtzee mentions that enjoys Freeman's Mind very much.

For those who don't know, Zero Punctuation is a video game review series (using the widest possible definition of review) where he plays a game, writes what he feels about it, and then records himself saying what he wrote. He then edits out his pauses for breath and puts the audio to a yellow background with funny images relating to what he's saying. For those who are confused as to why this means anything, Yahtzee is notoriously hard to please. His series revolves around ripping games to shreds. So hey, good job Ross.

Never found any interest in him.

Totally understandable, as I used to have a love-hate relationship with the show. Then I decided to basically just laugh at his jokes, then ignore him. The only time I listen to what he says is when he says a game is good.

Yeah he hates games with story in them though. So.... I dislike him to say the least

He hates everything! He is a critic, it's his job.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah he hates games with story in them though. So.... I dislike him to say the least

He hates everything! He is a critic, it's his job.

And when he doen't hate something, you should pay attention. Like Portal. Or... Arkham Asylum.

And I don't think he hates the games because of the story, as he speaks highly of games that combine story and gameplay. He complimented Bio-Ware for their emphasis on story in his Mass Effect 2 review.

I sort of didn't see that coming, since Ben Croshaw does not have a very high opinion of most fan fictions or it seems very much [amateur?] derivative media related to video games. Then again, he doesn't talk about his personal preferences in things apart from video games very much.

(How do I know this?)

I used to read his blog and browse the articles he wrote before I stopped caring.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I sort of didn't see that coming, since Ben Croshaw does not have a very high opinion of most fan fictions or it seems very much [amateur?] derivative media related to video games. Then again, he doesn't talk about his personal preferences in things apart from video games very much.

(How do I know this?)

I used to read his blog and browse the articles he wrote before I stopped caring.

Yeah, I was a little surprised too, that's why I posted it.

Yahtzee is one of the smartest game reviewers, if not people, I know.

You guys should read his Extra Punctuation articles sometime. Usually, his Zero Punctuations are mostly to be funny. His articles are serious; I can't find one thing on which I disagree with him.

Usually, his Zero Punctuations are mostly to be funny.

And usually, they fail to be.

Usually, his Zero Punctuations are mostly to be funny.

And usually, they fail to be.

Hey, to each their own. I'm not a big fan of his random dick jokes, but I find his crazy analogies amusing.

I love Yahtzee's similes and his abrasive nature, but I can see why you wouldn't find the juvenile humor to be funny. Like Paul from Unskippable said after Yahtzee said that their show was too easy: "do you think [our show] would be better if we had a bunch of stick figures and swearing on a yellow background?"

Where the hell did you get that idea? He loves games with stories, but he hates badly implemented stories.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I love Yahtzee's similes and his abrasive nature, but I can see why you wouldn't find the juvenile humor to be funny. Like Paul from Unskippable said after Yahtzee said that their show was too easy: "do you think [our show] would be better if we had a bunch of stick figures and swearing on a yellow background?"

That was hilarious, I love that episode.