Show off your art skills!

I used to be a gallery artist and now spend a lot of time at my current job as a group home counselor teaching kids how to draw.  I'm always super interested in checking out what cool art people make in their spare time! Also I searched this entire forum and couldn't find any other community art threads so I really hope this isn't a duplicate topic.

I'll start by posting some of the ones from my gallery artist days that seemed to get a positive reception.  I mostly draw with ballpoint pens and sharpie markers on standard 8.5x11 US printer paper or 5x8 index cards because I enjoy being able to go crazy with inexpensive tools that are accessible to most people.

Loving the Dead Girl (2013)

Spoiler

loving_the_dead_girl_by_william_john_hol

Drew this one for my girlfriend at the time.  6 years later and we're married.

Betray Your Senses (2013)

Spoiler

betray_your_senses_by_william_john_holly

Tower of Ascension (2013)

Spoiler

tower_of_ascension_by_william_john_holly

Throne of the Id (2012)

Spoiler

throne_of_the_id_by_william_john_holly_d

Processor in Person (2012)

Spoiler

processor_in_person_by_william_john_holl

This one was different in that I used a nibbed pen instead of a ballpoint pen like usual.  It also was never finished, as I intended to create a background as well.  Against my recommendation a large scale print of this was made for an art exhibit where it got far more praise than I was expecting.  A portrait artist I knew and often traded art supplies with expressed that he wanted the print very badly so I gave it to him.

Grow Up (2012)

Spoiler

grow_up_by_william_john_holly_d5dpdao-pr

This has been my most positively received drawing so far and I can't quite pinpoint why.

Land of Misfit Toys (2012)

Spoiler

the_land_of_misfit_toys_by_william_john_

This is one of my personal favorites and also one of my first full pieces that I think looks any good.

If you are interested in seeing any more of my full art pieces I have a deviantART gallery where I very rarely, but surely, update.  If you want to see more of what I make, I maintain a terrible (and occasionally NSFW) daily "webcomic" where I post my various doodles that often make very little sense.

So how about it?  What awesome art do you have to show off?

I'm better at physical art myself, and unfortunately don't have any pictures anymore. (cataclysmic concurrent drive and device failures suck)

Those are quite good though!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Over on the left is the caliber of my art skills 

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Hey, people!

I'm not really artistically inclined, but my girlfriend is, and she's been posting her old fanarts on her Steam page. Most of it is related to an indie game called Dustforce, though you can find other games there as well. 

Check out her Steam profile, her Twitter, her Artstation and her Instagram for more artwork; it's definitely worth a look.

download (1).jpg

Edited by daniraldo (see edit history)