Adapting to VR

Sign in to follow this  

I have heard that people who get motion sickness playing VR slowly get used to it until it’s no longer an issue. I was lucky enough that VR didn’t cause any motion sickness for me but for the people that did experience it, has it lessened over time? I’m doing research for a video and think that based on other motion sickness adaptations (cars, boats, ect) the body should get used to VR within a few weeks to months. Has anyone’s experience confirmed this? 

@RaTcHeT302FYI Your post is completely misrepresentative of the state of VR technology, the cause of simulator sickness, and how it affects people. A lot of research has gone into ways to minimize/remove it, but some of it just naturally goes away. Some people used to get sick from FPS's on 2D monitors.

Edited by Zabeus (see edit history)

There's definitely no way to tell without trying. It's OK nobody expects you to be an early adopter. It will be there when you're ready. :)

(Just don't try one of those cheapo phone holders and think that's VR. Although it would demonstrate that the screen distance to eyes is irrelevant, it wouldn't give you the full experience.)

Edited by Zabeus (see edit history)