G-String

On 12/31/2020 at 2:26 PM, Gabe said:

Half life with psychic powers, Koreans, and more robots.

Looks like.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I am only a few chapters in and while worldbuilding, level design and soundtrack are pretty good, direction is sorta mixed bag. HL2's default AI sucks smelly dicks, so Valve had to compensate by introducing setpieces and interesting set-ups for combat, while this game doesn't quite pull it off. Battles are nothing special, in short. Also, a bit too often levels are claustrophobic and/or dark. So rarely do you see sky in this game that it becomes a reward in itself. While one could argue that it was the intention, the string of tunnels, ruined apartments, corridors, etc becomes boring after a while. 

Still, it is a quality effort and level design together with worldbuilding carry the game. If you're hungry for some HL (like I was), it's a must play. Otherwise, you have my soft recommendation.

If you wished we had the beta version of Half Life 2, where it would be far more cyberpunk and dark, this game will deliver.

Great atmosphere, surprisingly detailed for the Source engine, decent level design, and interesting world.

Combat is rough at times, the story is a little too unfocused/hard to follow, and the colors aren't always a great choice.

But you can also customize your visual experience by a lot, and the campaign is FLOODED with all sorts of locations.