Disco Elysium

Sign in to follow this  

This was such an outstanding game, but even more than that, it seems like it was almost designed for Ross. It’s an incredibly immersive world with the feel of a graphic adventure game with all the bullshit cut out, and the subtle menace of inscrutable supernatural forces hidden just beyond the veil of prosaic reality. I would even consider gifting it to him on Steam if I knew he would play it.

Ross, if you read this, add this game to your list. Hell, I will buy it for you just to get your take.

Edited by daisekihan (see edit history)

My little gaming blog

https://corktowngaming.wordpress.com

Looks like Wasteland 2, except with a slightly different setting.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I played it on release, and it clicked with me immediately. Firstly because I found the story very aspirational: I'm not an alcoholic or a drug addict, but I do have serious personal failings, and seeing the protagonist dig his way out of rock bottom really lifted my spirits. Also, making each skill a character in it's own right is pure jenius and every ounce of brilliance is wrung out of it.