Potentially de-crappified W10 stuff here

Sign in to follow this  

https://ameliorated.info/ Gives info on this project. The following link is a version you can just download, as I think the official website tries making people sign up for Telegram (the British pseudo-secure "encrypted" messaging app). https://archive.org/details/windows-10-ameliorated-1903

There is an option to torrent the file for anyone without patience or a fast internet connection.

I'm also hearing that there's a "Windows LTSC N". I don't know what it is, but people are saying it's the same thing as above, except it's made by an official source.

Saw a useful comment about this project on a forum:

I've used this and I can tell you a few things. Everything you do requires a password. You are setup with a basic account. Not an Admin account. You will appear offline constantly. Even if you plug in an ethernet windows reads you as offline but you can still browse with a browser and use steam. Now any game that requires an Anticheat will have/could have issues. It depends on if it relies on the windows API to determine if there is a valid internet connection. IE Xbox Network Authentication.
The system is very basic. It is on the latest 2004 build and has full DX12 support. If an update happens to DX12 such as refinement to ultimate DX12 then you will have to wait for them to update the entire image or restart the entire process manually doing the install.

Do I recommend this: No and Yes. It does ask for a key but you can just bypass it. I have valid keys for most everything, and burned an OEM one testing this build. I wanted to see if there was a difference in performance if you use a valid key or just ignore it. No change or difference. I wouldn't personally use it but for someone who doesn't do online gaming and just wants a stable and simplified version of 10 that has driver support then this build might be for you.

The telegram thing is to get the iso. I burned a google number to get the torrent and the account info to login. If you get the iso from some where else I can provide the info telegram gives you, which is the account login credentials. It's how they avoid the legal issues. They were taken down when LTT did their review. It was build 1903 in his review though.

I no longer own the hardware this was tested on. This was tested in the past 2 months. I test alot of hardware so it gives me a chance to experiment.

More info https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwkiU6GG-YU

Edited by FullBusinessSuit (see edit history)

What changed since september?
Also the LTT video has already been shown in this thread

Edited by kerdios (see edit history)

Burn the World!

Also the LTT video has already been shown in this thread

I didn't see it before. I don't cruise these forums often, and when I saw this I thought I should post it here before I lost it.

Edited by FullBusinessSuit (see edit history)