Raymond's Mind?

Sign in to follow this  

So.. I found out about the Freeman's Mind episodes a couple weeks ago and had a lot of fun watching it not just because of Ross Scott's comedy genius, but also because I kept picturing a certain character with a similar voice. The actor, actually, I was thinking of was Raymond from Everybody Loves Raymond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAFiU6bZ678

Ha. Did anyone else got that weird feeling of recognition upon first hearing Ross's voice? It might just be my own freakish little mind that somehow ended up associating these two things together.. but, well there you have it.

Ross, has anyone ever mentioned you sound a lot like.. whathisname.. 'Ray Romano'?

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yup. I totally thought the same thing...

So hard...

You have no idea...

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

You're definitely not the first to notice. I've seen a lot of people mention it in the Youtube comments.

Ah, that's great actually. I never saw too much of it at the time (except later, in reruns), so I'm surprised I remember much of the show at all.

Manny! I was thinking of other things where I might have seen Romano, but I couldn't come up with anything. Yeah, I agree with you on the casting there. Not the best, but I suppose they could've done worse. It's strange though that his type of voice is more suited to Gordon Freeman than Manny Mammoth. I mean they both kick ass and stuff but.. well I guess it's the lack spitefulness in Manny. Yes, Raymond can actually freak out quite a bit just like Freeman, whereas Manny is mostly concerned with not having any situation escalate. It just doesn't suit that voice.

Everybody Loves Freeman! Oh, maybe that will be the next mystery episode. :lol:

Anyone else watch the Venture Bros (aka the greatest show of all time?).

I always thought Freeman/Ross sounds a bit like Henchman 24.

In Norway we had a comedian with a really deep voice doing Manny and he just nailed the character in a way Romano never could. But enough off-topicness... :P

The similarity is definitely there.

Really? I live in Oslo. I'm not Norwegian though, I moved here from Holland about a year and a half ago. I seem to spot Norwegians on the Internet all the time these days. Very curious.

Anyway, yes let's get back to topic. ;)

Raymond's voice is a bit more nasal than Ross's...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yes, I agree. Not by much though. I bet they both could do pretty true imitations of each other. :)

In Norway we had a comedian with a really deep voice doing Manny and he just nailed the character in a way Romano never could. But enough off-topicness...

The similarity is definitely there

I've actually watched some of the movie with the Norwegian voice actor :lol:

I just can't handle the strange looking lip sync that comes with foreign voice actors voicing a role that wasn't animated for their language.

I just had to check my girlfriend's stacks of dvd's, but she didn't have Ice Age with Norwegian dubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjnqjE5cDWE - Norwegian version of the Ice Age 3 trailer. I have to say, he sounds a lot like the comedian who played the hunter in Trolljegeren.

*checks IMDB..

Oh they are the same. Figures. :D

Yeah, I remember hearing about him while watching Trolljegeren. It was a good thing I got to watch that movie with an expert on Norwegian culture on my side. I'm sure 80% of the humour in that movie would have blown straight past me.

I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on the Norwegian dubbed Ice Age. Good practice for me. :thumbup: