SECOND GUIDE OUT!

Sign in to follow this  

Source_Machinima_49a8340a64659.png

Well this is kind of late in announcing, but here it is anyway. The second and final guide from me is now out! This one is called

Source Machinima Cinematography.

The other guide, Choreography, focused almost exclusively on animation. This guide covers pretty much everything else involved with making a machinima film in the Source engine. If you want to know exactly how I process everything after I have it animated, this covers all the steps. It covers recording methods, camerawork, audio/video editing, and even some bits on getting ideas and writing scripts. In my opinion, the most valuable parts of this guide are being able to create custom camerawork (which includes slow motion), recording without any dropped frames, and my secret recipe for motion blur. And like the other guide, I didn't set the price on this, but I did try to make sure it was as thorough as possible.

And for everyone waiting on FM, CP, and the pilot episode, I'm working on them; asking daily about it really has no impact on the production time.

Do you get any of the money made off of these guides?

And when are the new FM, CP and pilot episodes going to be out.

Ill be back same time tomorrow to ask the same question.

Nice to see artists sharing their knowledge. Don't think I will ever buy it because I'm not into filmmaking of any kind, still nicely done!

nice, i never knew u even made a 1st one lol anyway will this be out in the uk?

nice, will it be out in the uk

You can get the guide here:

http://tinyurl.com/czd6wo

Ross will definitely receive a percentage of the profits and anyone, anywhere can but it (even in the UK)!

lol, "...asking daily about it really has no impact on the production time." Don't feel rushed, I can wait for a good thing.

Sooo...ahh...When's the new episode coming out?!

Your the best, man, thanks for sharing your vast knowledge of cinema!

I never knew you made any guides! But I'll certainly check them out, where can I find them?

Also, I'll be there with Combine 017...asking every day if you've worked on the new episodes yet! haha

Good to see that the second one's out after all. Although I'm not personally interested in buying this, I hope it will help you out financially as making free to watch machinima frpm what I understand doesn't bring in a lot of money (RoosterTeeth excepted).

Still though, I'm a bit confused why everyone's asking where to get the tutorials as there's a link in the very post to noesis interactive. Oh well, it's not my right to complain on what the internet does to people (I think I've contributed my fair share as well)

I'm not sure if you have any say on the advertising copy, but one's interest is "piqued", not peaked. Not that'll stop anyone from buying the thing, but quality first, I always say.

I wonder what that pilot episode is going to be about...

how long do we have to wait for the CP episode to come out your murdering my head its slowly being attracted to the computer screen (to smash my head on)

Combine 017: Yes, I've received TENS and TENS of dollars from it!

Pseudonym: Yes, I did NOT write that, I most certainly know the correct term. I hope it's not printed that way on the case...

Anonymous: I really want to get back to CP myself, so don't worry, it's coming.

"Awesome!

But that didn't answer my question whether FM 11 and other CP episodes will be delayed because the new website isn't working.

Well of course asking daily has no impact on the production time. It takes hourly asking to do that.

Come on fanboys, work harder!

"asking daily about it really has no impact on the production time."

But it does show how excited we are for the next installments of all three.