Adoption

Sign in to follow this  

This topic is mainly about gay couples, and adoption rights. In my opinion it doesn't matter if it's two men adopting a child, or two women, either way at least the child has a family. If gay couples can adopt, it will help more orphans in reality. That's my two cents on it, feel free to give yours.

This topic is mainly about gay couples, and adoption rights. In my opinion it doesn't matter if it's two men adopting a child, or two women, either way at least the child has a family. If gay couples can adopt, it will help more orphans in reality. That's my two cents on it, feel free to give yours.

Studies seem to show that the gender or orientation of the parents has no effect on the gender orientation of the child.

Therefore until scientific studies come along that refute those studies, it clearly doesn't matter. Anybody who can provide a stable and healthy environment for a child, who wants to adopt, should be able to.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Here's a link to a pdf of one of those studies.

http://people.virginia.edu/~cjp/articles/ffp10b.pdf

also:

Sexual orientation of adult sons of gay fathers, Developmental Psychology, 31, 124-129; Bozett, F.W. (1987).

Children of gay fathers, F.W. Bozett (Ed.), Gay and Lesbian Parents (pp. 39-57), New York: Praeger; Gottman, J.S. (1991)

Children of gay and lesbian parents, F.W. Bozett & M.B. Sussman, (Eds.),

Homosexuality and Family Relations (pp. 177-196), New York: Harrington Park Press; Golombok, S., Spencer, A., & Rutter, M. (1983)

Children in lesbian and single-parent households: psychosexual and psychiatric appraisal, Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 24, 551-572; Green, R. (1978),

Sexual identity of 37 children raised by homosexual or transsexual parents, American Journal of Psychiatry, 135, 692-697; Huggins, S.L.

*shrug* I'm a research librarian. This is what I do. :D

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

That's right! If all people do have that great mind of yours, I'm sure there will be peace about the issue of gay couples. Parenting is not about who are your parents, if it's two men adopting a child, or two women, either way at least the child has a family who will raise him up with moral values. I know that in our society nowadays, bad people hide in their own beautiful faces just to manipulate people even worse than we expected.

As this, have you heard about "second parent adoption credit"? The recent news have said that it actually gives an advantage to gay married couples over heterosexual ones. Good news must be!

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 64 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.