June update + Antialiasing glitch

Sign in to follow this  

Miki: wouldnt make a difference

Cryect: finally some serious insights

would it be fixed using DX10?

So, Ross, can we be assured that the next Cp will feature lots of tunnels?

Hey its Reno. Was wondering if my tip helped at all.

I'll watch it when it's out. Take your time. Although I'm curios if you have anyone helping you. If you don't maybe you should consider finding people to assist you in making the episodes; it would no doubt be a faster process

When certain textures are viewed at skewed angles, they blur very badly, and do odd things to light. There is a certain distance, about that far, where the mipmaps will start, and sometimes will do funky things, like that bad aliasing.

Break your computer.

ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME.

@Everyone who is suggesting DX10

Source doesn't have DX10. Only a few games have used it so far. It's highly unlikely that EP3 will use it.

Half-Life 3 will probably be the earliest we will see DX10 in Source, and by then it may be using DX11.

I don't see how people can pick a favorite when it comes to Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection. I love both but I gotta tell you CP is something special, the conversations Mike and Dave have are too damn hilarious and with CP you can mod the game so its more open ended, Freeman's mind is hilarious but once you finish the game then that's it, unless you start over again with different jokes but that would be stupid.

I don't see how people can pick a favorite when it comes to Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection. I love both but I gotta tell you CP is something special, the conversations Mike and Dave have are too damn hilarious and with CP you can mod the game so its more open ended, Freeman's mind is hilarious but once you finish the game then that's it, unless you start over again with different jokes but that would be stupid.

I hope a new CP episode comes out soon

If you do a HL2 death episode....it should be in the train bridge....something like he's "admiring the view", then WAM!

I feel torn between FM and CP. They both have different style of comedy and, of course, there's the interaction between two or more characters vs just the one reflecting on himself and his situation.

In the end, I think CP is more ambitious (and dare I say: artistic?) while FM is more comedic and easier to get into. I can't wait for more of either one so I don't really mind. Take your time

ultradude25: Its quite misleading then, cos there are switches to use DX10 or DX9 when starting the game. (altough maybe ep1 or 2 instead)

Also it shows the DX version where you twinkle with video settings. Many features aren't even available if its not running in DX10, but 9.1 or sth. I mean EP1 runs with DX10 on my machine and thats the only way I can allow HDR in the first place. EP2 runs in DX9 and its unavailable.

Thats why I assumed... Well it makes sense cos Source isn't quite last year...

Normal antialiasing only works on the edges of 3D objects, so stuff like light and sprites and stuff. Super antialiasing and high res are your best bet to remove the problem.

NEED FM NOT CP FM FAST FUNNY CP SLOW FUN

Dear Mr. Scott,

Me & my friends all agree that your "jaw-dropping" episodes of Civil Protection are well worth the wait. However, it is understandable that this would be a large addition to the amount of work you already have to do: I mean, your entire life isn't Civil Protection & Freeman's Mind, you have bills to pay, a job to go to, & friends and family like the rest of us. So, while it would be gladly appreciated if you did attempt these more difficult episodes, it is completely alright, with the section of your fan community that i belong to, if these episodes never come to be.

Sincerely,

Karen

For me I've actually prefered CP over FM this whole time (I like both). I can't wait for the next FM though when he meets the first soldier. His reaction will be fun to watch =)

Enable anisotropic filtering?

I just started playing Half-Life: Source and I'm getting the same white lines you are. Immediately at the beginning of the game in the tunnel it was noticeable. I have an Nvidia card.