Episode update and rant

Sign in to follow this  

"Well, it seems the people giving you hate mail don't seem to understand that they need to find several things to entertain themselves, because the fastest any machinima is produced is at least once a week.

I found several things to occupy my time, but Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection are the diamonds in the rough for me at least. Even though the other things I watch to entertain myself are not nearly as good as FM and CP, they're still entertaining.

(I was going to say that they need to get a life, but I would be insulting many people reading this including myself)

I think you should take your time making the episodes, because it makes them that much better.

Still, take as much time as you need, and tell your hate-writers to f**k off (or just write a rant telling them how difficult it is [to maintain thermal status] to make new episodes, and just copy/paste it to each one, just an idea).

Jeez, what kind of jerks would send you HATE MAIL about that crap? I can't even understand a world where it's cool to say "This guy isn't producing free things for me FAST ENOUGH!"

Take all the time you need, dude. It'll all be better if you don't rush it anyway. Personally I'm more of a Freeman's Mind fan, but I still like Civil Protection, so I'm cool whichever way you want to go.

Don't listen to hate mail, because it's almost always bullshit.

A few of my friends may be able to hel pyou with animation let me know if you interested

Quality is more important then the amount of episodes produced anyway.

Can't wait for the next CP to come out!

At some point I will have forgotten about FM and CP. Then, when I least expect it (because I forgot), my rss reader will surprise me with the release of an episode. That's the kind of surprise I like .

The first thing I found from you was an episode from Freeman's Mind which made me want to watch them all because I enjoyed it so much. Then I found Civil Protection and thought this is completely different and also so good! I can't decide which one I like the most. Your productions are awesome man. I can live with waiting just to watch your short films. On the poll I decided to vote for Civil Protection because it's mostly finished. By the way, I loved your episode "Oil's Well". It was right on.

I've tried animating in Faceposer and Hammer myself, needless to say I don't have the patience.

The work that goes into it is intense.

People getting angry over no recent episodes, its not his job to entertain you, its like they're demanding a new product of a hobby.

I bet Ross would be able to say "Hey, I'll stop going to my job so I can work on CP! Psh, who needs food!?"

That is logical reasoning.

If you like Freeman so much, ask yourself, WWFD?

He would stop complaining.

Thats what he'd do.

Oh god, the vote is odscenely tight at the moment.

hey man take all the time you need. better to have a really awsome episode than a eh okay episode. Also the people that complain about the time they apparently dont understand how much time and effort is put into the videos.

PS

Good luck.

In regards to ANYone who has a problem with the length of time it takes you to release an episode of CP or FM, they can eat a dick. You are doing this of your own free will in your free time; you don't owe us anything. I am of the mentality that anyone who has a problem waiting and feels that you should pump out episodes for them, they should create their own show and shut the fuck up.

/Rant.

Yo mate, i hear what you're saying about the hatemail, i used to work on a few things myself, i used to animate using flash and was pretty good at it. but when you dont get something out soon, all the pricks who think you owe them your status come out of the woodwork.

the next cp episode sounds nice, can't wait to see it, though i'll admit it, i voted freeman

Ross it is really taking too long. There has been no new cp episode this year and we the viewers deserve ...

(GUNSHOT)

what this person is trying to say is.. take all the time you need. Every episode is always worth the wait.

Ross,

Do what you love. If you are happy, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about production rate. Though I hope I can still offer poorly thought out suggestions.

People may ask for things, but since they aren't paying you, really I wouldn't have even wasted the time to type up that remark about the complaints You should send them a link to a movie clip of Hans Gruber from Die Hard:

"Thank you, Mr. Cowboy, I'll take it under advisement. Hit it, again.

Personally I prefer Freemans Mind, but thats just an opinion. You should work on whatever you want to work on and people really have no right to send you hatemail, even if it is logical or not. Your giving entertainment for free, the recent vids you already gave us should be enough for us, I'm just grateful your so determined to keep working at both of them. >.>

Good luck with the episode! Ignore all the hatemail-you got much more fans than haters.

"Actually, me and my friend are planning on making a machinima (Halo 3), do you have any advice you could pass along to us about directing, producing, and/or writing one? Any advice would be nice.

Also, even though these people sending you hate-mail need a huge reality check, it's still not polite to not respond, as some people have suggested. As I said before (look for the "), you can just write something to answer all questions once, then copy&paste it to all the people sending complaints.

Looking forward to new CP and FM, but take as much time as you need.

Ross, I not sure if you are aware, but FPSBanana is a great source of talent, there are a lot of people over there that do great work with almost every aspect of gaming (including mapping and modelling in Source). I myself love using hammer and have created a few small CS:S maps. However the FPSBanana site is currently down at the moment.

Hope this helps in some way.

Keep up the amazing work.

I read all your comments and I'm just picking some in paritcular to respond to. Thanks to everyone offering positive commentary. Part of the reason I don't reply to everyone is that it takes time away from working episodes, so I try to find some balance.

raiders12495: Well Freeman's Mind is definitely something I do for the fans. I think it has limited scope, but if people keep wanting more of it, I'll make it. As for Civil Protection I haven't nearly tapped the ideas I have and I get personal satisfaction from being able to manifest some of my ideas, it's something I would want to do in some fashion even if I only had a very small audience. As for RAM, I'm not sure. I made earlier episodes of CP with about 1GB, but you could probably do a lot of work with less, depending on the episode.

Nochtjaeger: Well email me at [email protected]. There are already great people helping out in specific areas, but a more rounded ability could be extremely helpful.

Austin: I don't know, it kind of blows my mind too. I would have expected people to be disappointed at most, not outright angry.

Sean: It's the sort of thing I might consider in the future, but I'm nowhere near the amount of episodes I would want to produce before I'd consider "enterprising" something like this.

Crazy Cal: A weekly production rate is totally plausible for something like RvB or FM because neither of those has the same level of animation quality as something like CP or Snacky's Journal if you seen that. That's the main thing I'd like people who are critical of the turnover rate to understand.

MrFranky: I love FPSBanana for maps, but I'll consider it in the future for other people helping as well.

Damn! So many comments already and nothing new to say for me left! Life's unfair!

I'll love to say that you shouldn't care about hate-mail since it's worthless lot, nothing else, but someone already said something like that!

I would like to say that you are doing great work and that IS first and foremost for yourself, for your own creative satisfaction and not for those leeches but someone already said that. Right?

But y'know. You can't have too much love, riiiight? ;D

Rofl, I basically said all of that, but I'm pretty sure someone said it before me. Posting a comment meaning basically the same thing isn't bad, it just means to Ross that more people care >.>

Finally i can't wate for CP this is what got me cought into you seriess so yea. Fremens mind can wate i deserve moar!!! LOL