Episode update and rant

Sign in to follow this  

I'm glad i see some good comments backing you up, you have done some magnificent work both with CP and FM do whatever you would like to do and take it easy so it can reflect in your work. I personally prefer FM but it wouldn't bother me if you completely stopped doing it and only release CP , its really good material, keep it up (but slowly if you want) we love your work

Fushapa: Well it definitely takes time to do things right, but I feel like it could be more efficient than things are now. Plus even if it took as long, it would free up time for me to work on other things as well.

Tourettes: I have tons of ideas for longer storylines, but since production takes so long, I've been hesitant to work on them, since that would mean an even longer gap in releases.

Gamechamp: Yeah, it does strike me as kind of bizarre that people like my videos enough to email me insults about not creating more of them. On the other hand, I can appreciate people's frustrations about these not coming out faster.

IRAMightyPirate: Well the thing about that is I don't like releasing material unless I'm getting close to completion, otherwise it feels too much like a tease. I have 2 additional partially completed episodes I could release material to, but they've been in limbo for a long time. I hold stuff back because I don't want people to be frustrated any more than necessary.

AleksanderK: Actually only the Choreography tutorial pertains to animation. I'd actually be willing to teach somebody most of this stuff if they were really committed on it. It's more a matter of time, interest, and patience rather than existing skill level.

Oh lawdy lawdy. I can hardly wait to see myself sum CP.

u never cease to make me laugh my ass off in both you machinima series and i hope the next episodes will be filled with hilarious,close-realistic(i dont know the word or phrase so ya.)actions and or commentary

:D btw the quality of the clips u make is exceedingly marvelous.

also to your haters, we may need to individually engrave their names to 50.cal bullets just i case

-arius 13 year old kid

I personally agree with WJUK. I love what you do. some days, can sit and watch what you do for hours. I may not be an artist or a cartoonist, but i am a comdean to my friends and sometimes i need a little time. i could careless if the next episode of cp or fm to the remander of the year, just as it is good. by the way, when ever i get compliants about something, i don't listen to them. i don't let them get in my way.

also, i just want to say thanks. you do a lot of things for what? i don't know but it probaly not much. when ever i watch something, ether fm or cp, it funny. but i don't know why you do it. it is a great thing that there are people like you that spend there free time putting smiles on peoples faces, and for that, i tank you.

and also, i would love to help out but i don't how to do it. also, how much ram do you need to do some of the tasks?

Try not to give the hate mailers the satisfaction of knowing that they're getting to you. It only gets worse once they know they have power over you.

As for the slow pace of the work, I understand perfectly; and if you ever need anyone to help out, I know Faceposer pretty well, and I know Hammer pretty much inside and out.

I'm also willing to work just for the experience and credit.

i have not commented for a while but i still love your work.

it is not at all surprising people are sending you hate mail. you do this for the fans for FREE and yet many complain and want more.

Some people should realize that your not just doing this for us(the fans) but also doing this for yourself.

I can only support morally and I really wish that moral support is enough.

dont listen to those who gripe about how long it takes! doing rendering and animation is a difficult process, AND it takes time to get something just right (i have a hard time just doing a simple bowl lol XD). the TRUE FANS of the series will not mind waiting I think, because they know how much time and effort are needed to go into something as epic as Freemans Mind and Civil Protection. I know I have no problem with waiting for them, it gives me something to look forward to, if you just throw them together to fast they would NEVER be as awesome as they are now.

and i read on one of the comments you have ideas for longer story lines...GO FOR IT! if it means more epicness i will GLADLY wait for it! .

SO, take your time with it! dont end up getting stressed out over them, because that wouldnt be good now would it ^^.

Ross i love your work, and i don't mind the times because when the episodes are finally out i love them. you can have all the time in the world as far as i am concerned. keep up the great work!

How exactly can you disturb people when making an episode?

Hey Ross, 1st off, thanks for the teaser! Love the screenie! Honestly, I prefer CP over FM - though I love them both! It's kind of like frosted mini-wheats... the grownup in me loves the more advanced bantering of Mike and Dave... but the kid in me loves the borderline homicidal internal dialog that Gordon never had before you came along! Keep up the great work, follow your own inspiration. And to all the haters out there... freakin' grow up, or start your own machinima projects! Let the man work already... it's not like you're paying him for it!!!

PS - shameless plug... more CP!

CP and FM are simply awesome. My wife and I watch the episodes together and let me tell you: We laugh a lot. Pure joy!

Ignore all the haters, and just work at your own pace. Life is short, so don't waste time on stupid people.

Thank you for both CP and FM. )

YAY MORE FREEMAN'S MIND!

I'm excited to see Civil Protection too though.

But YAY FREEMAN'S MIND.

:)

I certainly don't need to say anymore about the hate mailers, but I love the look of that snapshot! Awesome map with widescreen and high quality resolution... I am so looking forward to this one.

Surprise. People are assholes.

Seriously though, just ignore the bastards, and do whatever you actually want - this isn't a paid service, nor a charity.

however long it takes is fine. Your shows are hilarious. Have you thought about merchandising to raise money. Like T-shirts or a mug with the mike and dave on it?

I meant mike and dave not THE mike and dave

Well, I have said it before and I will say it again:

It's easy to be a critic on the internet.

When you don't have to say something to a person's face, it's a lot easier to bitch and complain about stuff. I'm sure if they were to see you in person, they would back-track faster than a speeding bullet.

I say that you should send out a challenge to every hate-mailer: if they can come up with a machinima movie with even half the production value of civil protection in less time, then they win a prize of some sort. Or just the right to bitch.

Seriously, I'd chip in $10 to any hate mailer who can come up with a quality machinima video like Civil Protection in less time. Who's with me? LOL