Episode information update and some more news

Sign in to follow this  

LOL! the black car!

it kinda shows how Mike and Dave are bad cops... there was a hit and run right there and they didn't even notice

I love updates. I update my site daily just because I love them so much. Keep on updating.

I take it at the end when Mike hits the lamp post and lands on his face then magicly is on his back further away is not ment to happen.

Also I only caught two of the easter eggs first time (car and gman) but just thought they were part of it.

@Anonymous

We know who ate all the doughnuts...

You should have had them going "miniminiminimini" at the houndeye

Heh. I noticed G-Man before. Took another look to find the black car. (lol!) I'll assume you were referring to the 'zombaway' ad. Decent joke but I didn't laugh or anything. I was only able to read the ad with HD and full screen. Anyways, I LOVE Civil Protection. Unlike most others, I like it more than Freeman's Mind. (I like FM too, but I don't know why some people consider it their favorite)

jgram: the skybox texture, it took some work to get good morning lighting actually

Ross, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but I'm a little hurt here.

I originally agreed to let Nicadeamas construct some city blocks using some of his own work and some of mine with the understanding that the mod this stuff came from would at least be thanked or something.

I loved the video, but was very disappointed to see a city I've been working in for 4 years become home to an excellent video, only to find out It would be used without so much as a 'thank you'.

The opening shot of the video is entirely my work.

The church that the cps stroll by is my work.

Many or maybe all (hard to tell) of the skybox buildings are my work.

I'm not here for the shameless plug. I'm not here to tell you that you have to credit me for building x, y, and z.

I'm here to tell you I'm dissapointed. Nic told me you wanted to let people download the map. I'm also here to tell you that I do not approve of that. I have no recourse if you decide to do it anyway, but I hope that you can understand as someone who "usually try my best to give everyone credit for their work."

If you decide to ignore my position, I might ask that you at least wait until the mod in question is released, and the maps in question are released in their original form. It hopefully won't be more than a few months.

-vecima

I actually thought Valve made the Houndeye model, which was later scrapped from the game. Awfully similar, at least the textures are the same. I'm sure those folks wouldn't mind your mistake, it would have gotten more attention this way anyway. Also, since the HQ video came along I hadn't noticed the very last one, (awesome) but what on earth is Zombaway?

Vecima:

When you say 'thanked', do you mean in the form of credit, or perhaps a mention in a post? Nonetheless, I hadn't known Andrew took some of your work, but with that possibility, have you recently spoken to him in regard of the authors' level design? Because I'm not sure Ross had a lot to do with covering your name, more likely an accidental slip when Nicadeamas mentioned it. Also, what is the modification's name that you had originally mapped this for?

Hey Otto, I've actually been keeping tabs on this mod for some time, Here's it's website http://phillymod.type3studios.com/ The screenshots do look pretty similar to the city map in Morning Patrol.

I hope this gets sorted out and etc.

Vecima: I honestly got confused and thought this was most of Nicadeamas's work, I recall even asking him about the textures on the church, with him saying he made them.

I absolutely had no intention of releasing the map, since I knew it was going to be in your mod and wasn't really something public. Plus this version is totally unoptimized. I only mentioned that some people were interested in in the map, which means it should add additional publicity to your mod when it comes out.

Since I screwed up the credits so badly, I'll see about taking down the existing copies and replacing them with fixed credits. I'm afraid the damage is already done for the Youtube version, but the other streaming copies and downloadable ones should still be fixable.

^Wow...That was unexpected..,Anyway...Otto,I thinked the same cause as all the new models en HL 2 this one was very good,it's not a normal customization,it's an extremely detailed model,I'd like to see a bullsquid in a CP Episode....Or other classical creatures from HL 1...

Dammit,next FM will be extremely Intense,I'm sure it will,I can't wait,PLEASE ROSS,take you're time and make it the best posible,it's a great move for the series...Good luck

hey Ross, I love the new episode its great! about the screwed credits, maybe you can add Annotations on you tube to fix the credits??? hope i helped

Can't wait for FM!!!

The animation is divine, especially the sonic explosion, no wonder it took so long to make. You're one of the best machinimist around. Keep up the good work man! I miss freeman though XD

Vecima: I've changed the 1280x720 copy so that it includes your name now. I'll get the medium quality copy revised as soon as I can, but I need to contact Machinima.com first.

Oh, good. Take to re-upload? I kind of have this obsessive urge to use up bandwidth for collecting 'up-to-date' media for no reason. I personally wouldn't mind too much if I constructed each block or animation and had my name off, though I suppose that's something you can't say without experience or the work before it, nonetheless I admire your hard attention to get these lists correct, not that you take unreasonable care or anything. It's definitely something one must focus on to get right, but I'm glad you're never too busy to do so. That's awesome.

And thanks, Sn1pe. Some of those are really nicely mapped.

Ross, et al.

I appreciate the effort to sort this out. The map was constructed by Nicadeamas, but it was derived from a map that was mostly my own work (but that he also contributed to). The end result map was mostly Nicadeamas's work - I did want that to be clear. The church specifially used stock hl2 textures, except for the stained glass which were indeed made by Nicadeamas.

In regards to releasing the work - well, I was a little miffed last night, but I've calmed down a bit now. The only thing I didn't want was for players to be running around in the map, and play the mod and come to the conclusion that the mod "ripped off" a machinima video, when in fact we've been working for a really long time on it.

anyway, sorry about my inital tone. I realise that mistakes, misunderstandings, etc happen when working with people and especially across the internet.

-vecima

Don't worry about it, man. You've spoken fine.

Is the billboard a decline reference? Regardless, it's awesome.

Also to answer the question in Freeman's mind. "Who ate all the doughnuts?" the answer is the combine did. they loved our doughnuts (which Breen gave to them to get the sample) so much, they wanted to enslave us and get doughnuts for all time. Long live doughnuts.

I love you, Ross. I'm really happy with your videos. Those videos are really awesome. I'm telling you.

But I don't usually get it when I see you vocice-act fluently and fast inthe videos because I'm not native speaker in the U.S.. Anyway, I know you are going to release the subtitles in this week, but I can't wait!

I mean, I want to translate it and subtitle it in a video and show people what it rules in this world!

I know you work hard and I'm really feeling bad about that to say, please release the subtitles or, just you can email me a script of the videos .

Can't wait for the next FM. Well, at least we know who ate all the doughnuts. Also, I've been thinking of replacing the sound of the hound eyes with "miniminiminiminiminiminiminimini"