RSS Feed Now Active

Sign in to follow this  

i don't really care, just hurry with freeman's mind!

I have activated an RSS 2.0 Feed for the site today. It's basically tracking the news posts, sending the full news text and links to the posts. I don't know anything about what the previous 'Blogspot' page was doing, so feel free to give an opinion on whether the feed should give an abbreviated description, or any other comment concerning reading content with whatever news readers you have. If you have an opinion concerning RSS 2.0 vs 1.0 or Atom, we can entertain those as well.

I tested the feed with Firefox 'Live Bookmarks' and IE 8's news feed reader, and it seems to work well.

One suggestion: Line breaks!

I have no idea what that means, but I was finally the first to leave a comment on a new blogpost!

Excellent! I think that what it does now is enough

It would certainly be great if you preserved the posts' markup in the feed (including linebreaks and links). An Atom feed would be a welcome addition, too.

Aside from that: yay!

I don't have an opinion, but I'd like to make this point clear: we don't need no stinkin' badgers.

Tested it out with Google Reader. It's good to go.

Great! works nicely with Mozilla Thunderbird!

Still a little blurry on the whole RSS thing. Don't notice any visual/technical changes or anything but I'm probably looking at it wrong so... Anyway after reading a couple posts so far I'd generally agree with most of them saying to add line-breaks. Also I have no idea how much more difficult allowing post edits or implicating the "Respond To" option is but that would seem to be useful too. Maybe a future project?

Yeah I can't wait for FM to come out!!

Who are you? You're not Ross Scott! I only like Ross Scott! GO AWAY! We don't care bout no RSS Feed! We want Civil Protection!

^Hey Anonymous,msouth is one of the persons who makes possible this site...And RSS feeds are really important to some people...I check site almost every day so i dont care....lol...But yeah, he is pretty important here so dont say ''GO AWAY!!''...Hostile people sucks...(except for Gordon Freeman and Mike!)

Thanks!

Hey,

it's great to have the RSS-Option. Now I can finally keep up to date without constantly checking the Site myself even when there is no update. Like already said, it would be even nicer to have the markups preserved in the feed. I wouldn't like an abbreviated version though. Thanks for the support!

Anon

It's great to see there's finally a news feed. One more thing I strongly suggest you do is to add an autodiscovery link to every page, like so:

That allows browsers and feedreaders to find the feed automatically, so users don't have to hunt down the link.

Keep up the good work.

YAY!! No more missing out on new episodes! Much thanks. )