Thief Series

Sign in to follow this  

Thief: Deadly Shadows is on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6980/

Isn;t that supposed to be the worst of the three?

It was a perfectly fine game in my opinion. I've not played the original games but it certainly didn't feel like a dumb game whilst playing it.

It also got fairly good reviews.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Those reviews are of the Xbox version.

*EDIT* I've decide to play the first two before the third, my friend may or may not have found them both bundled at The Warehouse for an extremely low price.

Well that was a fail, sorry about that Sinister. I really don't know what I was thinking.

Neither do I, but at least you can see that both versions of the game got decent reviews.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Reviving this thread, we need some Thief discussion.

GOG is now stocking both Thief: The Dark Project and Thief 2: The Metal Age, bundled with a load of goodies such as the soundtracks, some avatars, wallpapers, the manual etc. at a reasonably cheap price considering how brilliant the two games are. During the Steam sale I bought Deadly Shadows and was quite disappointed by the consoley sized levels and added unneeded crap like loot glint and third person.

Thief 4 coming soon as well, from the same people that made Human Revolution- a fairly good game that didn't quite live up to the Deus Ex name but was miles better than most of the stuff that came out that year. As long as I get huge open levels like the first two Thief games and a well created steampunk setting I should be content, but if there is hide-behind-the-cover mechanics and forced third person segments like Human Revolution had I'm going to be disappointed.

Reviving this thread, we need some Thief discussion.

GOG is now stocking both Thief: The Dark Project and Thief 2: The Metal Age, bundled with a load of goodies such as the soundtracks, some avatars, wallpapers, the manual etc. at a reasonably cheap price considering how brilliant the two games are. During the Steam sale I bought Deadly Shadows and was quite disappointed by the consoley sized levels and added unneeded crap like loot glint and third person.

Thief 4 coming soon as well, from the same people that made Human Revolution- a fairly good game that didn't quite live up to the Deus Ex name but was miles better than most of the stuff that came out that year. As long as I get huge open levels like the first two Thief games and a well created steampunk setting I should be content, but if there is hide-behind-the-cover mechanics and forced third person segments like Human Revolution had I'm going to be disappointed.

I like the sounds of the wallpapers, how many wallpapers would come with the package?

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Geez, I gotta play these games now. But, can you tell me which part is the best? I think I've got entire saga.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Jumping into Thief II is not recommended as the story starts whether or not you played the original...so uh, just start with the original.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."