Thief Series

Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys, I've been playing Thief and Thief 2 and HOLY MOLY THESE ARE AMAZING GAMES.

I've been searching everywhere for the perfect stealth game, and I think I've found it.

The art style is fantastic, the level design is amazing, the stealth actually works, you're able to defend yourself when you get caught (*cough* Metal Gear Solid) and the guards are so personified that you don't ever want to kill them.

THIEF DISCUSSION THREAD ALL UP IN HERE.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

Ive only played thief 3, wich i didnt really like after a while... But i keep hearing that it wasnt very good compared to the 2 first, so i dont know if i should get me a copy of them or not.

Ive only played thief 3, wich i didnt really like after a while... But i keep hearing that it wasnt very good compared to the 2 first, so i dont know if i should get me a copy of them or not.

The third game was pretty bad. It was made by Ion Storm after they took too many stupid pills and made Invisible war.

Thief and Thief 2 are the best games in the series and my favorite series ever as a whole. Everything about them is just so immersive and flows well. The game has sprawling levels that reward you for getting curious.

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I really enjoyed Thief: Deadly Shadows, it certainly wasn't a bad game, although perhaps it wasn't as good as the original two (I've not played them although I think I have them on my shelf somewhere...).

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Ion Storm after they took too many stupid pills and made Invisible war.

Not everyone thinks that IW was a detriment to the DX series... :evil:

I was planning on torrenting a copy of the first two Thief games, now I probly will...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

you're able to defend yourself when you get caught (*cough* Metal Gear Solid)

Someone never learned their CQC.

Ion Storm after they took too many stupid pills and made Invisible war.

Not everyone thinks that IW was a detriment to the DX series... :evil:

I was planning on torrenting a copy of the first two Thief games, now I probly will...

It amuses me that your such a huge PC fanboy, yet you prefer Deus Exbox: Invisible War.

It amuses me that your such a huge PC fanboy, yet you prefer Deus Exbox: Invisible War.

How is it amusing?

I actually loved Thief 3 Deadly Shadows. Aside from the horribly bloated menu interface and the tiny consoly levels the game looks gorgeous and the stealth works very similar to the other games. I would recommend Thief fans buying the 3rd game for The Cradle mission alone.

What I never liked about the Thief games is the loot collecting. It was a bit better in T3 due to better visibility but it is still just annoying. I grab the loot I spot like a Thief does but finding enough loot to finish the objective often forces me to search around for hours or look at a walkthrough.

It is pretty amazing that the Thief games and System Shocks are still not offered on sites like GOG or Steam. I was always under the impression that big corporations like making money. SS2 is one of the most requested games on GOG. I suppose they prefer that people sell the same few boxed copies back and forth instead for murderous prices which only go to sponsoring someone's action figure collection.

Because it was a game made primarily for consoles, the PC version was a crappy port.

And? Doesn't mean that with a few console commands, patches, and HD updates that the game can't be fun on the PC.

It is pretty amazing that the Thief games and System Shocks are still not offered on sites like GOG or Steam. I was always under the impression that big corporations like making money. SS2 is one of the most requested games on GOG. I suppose they prefer that people sell the same few boxed copies back and forth instead for murderous prices which only go to sponsoring someone's action figure collection.

System Shock isn't on there because EA.

I don't know why the Thief games aren't on there though.

Played the heck out of Thief 2, I like Thief 1 but the second mission is one of the worst levels I've ever played in a video game.

And? Doesn't mean that with a few console commands, patches, and HD updates that the game can't be fun on the PC

Never said it couldn't, I don't dislike it because I've never played it. However PC fanboys are always raging about DX:IW.

Thief: Deadly Shadows is on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6980/

Isn;t that supposed to be the worst of the three?

And? Doesn't mean that with a few console commands, patches, and HD updates that the game can't be fun on the PC

Never said it couldn't, I don't dislike it because I've never played it. However PC fanboys are always raging about DX:IW.

Thief: Deadly Shadows is on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/6980/

Isn;t that supposed to be the worst of the three?

it IS the worst of the three! Like IW it was more or less dumbed down for Xbox and is more linear than the other games. But it isn't a bad game, it just doesn't stand up well next to its more competent brothers.

Like IW it was more or less dumbed down for Xbox and is more linear than the other games. But it isn't a bad game, it just doesn't stand up well next to its more competent brothers.

I have yet to see a game series that didn't have a 'worst of the series'. It's a good game IMO, and I've done some fairly freaky stuff with it. Had fun, and that's all that really matters.