Galactix

Sign in to follow this  

You controlled a little ship at the bottom of the screen, could only strafe left and right and had to use bombs, missles and your machine gun to destroy a hundred waves of alien ships.

I found a link to it here. It was long, repetitive, but a shitload of fun. Do I need an emulator to play this or do I just install it on my Windows machine and run it?

That's actually an arcade port to DOS. Yes you need DOSBox if you're running on anything newer than XP.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

This looks pretty cool, I like vertical shooters, plus the art style reminds me of Halloween Harry / Alien Carnage. Thanks for the post, stuff like this is why I made this section.

Couldn't get it to work on DOSBox (I think it's because DOS and Mac don't go together), but I got it to work on another emulator called Boxer.

I remember this game being a little more difficult and a lot less repetitive. Ten years later, this game is a joke. Once you fully upgrade the machine gun, it's the most trivial game in existence; you simply mow everything down. I could clear the Tier 2 waves (after the wave 50 mini-boss) in about three seconds. I scored over half a million points and never died once. Only one time did my health get in the red area.

To break up the monotony, the developers occasionally added asteroid belts and there are two bosses, but it doesn't help.