RSS Feed Update

Sign in to follow this  

I have Google Reader and it just told me about this post. So...uh...I guess it works perfectly!

Hun? I didn't even know there is now an option to register and log in. Anyway, I use Google Reader and it works perfectly from the start. I added the feed by copy the feed address and paste it into the box that pops up when clicked "Add a Subscription"

Okay, then. I've registered. The autodiscovery thing was my suggestion. However, it's not quite right yet. I hoped you'd figure it out, but the commenting code mangled the plus sign in the MIME type to a space: application/rss[PLUS]xml

That should fix it.

As to the purpose, it's not specifically for Google Reader (those were different anonymous people who mentioned that). It's a standard that works for many aggregators and browsers (Firefox, for instance). When any conforming application is fed a page containing an autodiscovery link, it will automatically find the feed; an aggregator will redirect automatically, while a browser will show an RSS button or something similar, making subscription really easy.

It's worked fine in Reader for me since before this update

As with the others - I use GReader and this post popped up this morning. Seems to work fine for moi!

this is what it says i copied and pasted the accursed farmes home Feeds matching "http://www.accursedfarms.com/News.php" Show: - all itemsShow: Items with comments - all shared items Mark all as read Refresh Folder settings...Switch to "Comment view" »« Back to "Friends' shared items"Translated by Google - View OriginalSort by newestSort by oldestSort by newest commentsSort by autoSet as start pageUnsubscribeRename subscription...Translate into my languageYou have subscribed to "."Last 30 daysTime of dayDay of the week

Items postedItems read

Items postedItems read

Items postedItems read

No more items in Offline mode.Go online to check for new items.

No more items.

« Return to feed discovery

Your search did not match any feeds.

Suggestions

â

Mr. Scott,

The subtitles page is broken, there are only english subtitles for the first two episodes of Civil Protection and episodes 11, 10 and 10.5 for Freeman's Mind.

Also, why don't you make that when in the movies page, when the mouse pointer goes over one chapter for Civil Protection or Freeman's Mind, a little box with description pops up. Not like a pop-up, but everytime the mouse goes over the chapter, the box with the description of the episode would appear.

Just a quick note to let users of the "Google Reader" know that I have added an "Autodiscovery" link in an attempt to satisfy this application. There were reports that this particular reader was not working with the feed, and anonymous users suggested that this addition would solve the problem. If you have "Google Reader" please test the feed and provide any feedback as comments to this post. As I don't have this reader, please be as descriptive as possible, not just 'It don't work'.

Also, any users that wish to be credited for providing useful suggestions to the site should take the time to register, at which point you will be mentioned by login name. Curently the suggestion for the "Autodiscovery" addition is credited to "Anonymous" - I guess you know who you are.

I was wondering if you could make the RSS feed work for google chrome. I would appreciate it if you did, if you can't i suppose I can live with it.

The auto-discovery also adds the RSS logo to the address bar in Firefox. Makes it orange in IE.

As fllthdcrb said, not just for Google Reader

See: http://www.blackmesasource.com/

@anthony405: What do you mean Google Chrome? Chrome doesn't recognize RSS.

Yep, works for me too. Also, I have to register to help you? Really? Wow! That's really thoughtful!

I never had any problems with this feed using Google Reader. (I just arrived here trough Google Reader).

works for me, but i understand how someone's com got sucked up sometimes.

I'm not sure if you can, since it doesn't have something like Firefox's Livebookmarks, but if you or someone else can figure out how to get it to work in Chrome, that'd be great, (when you click on the Rss button in chrome all you get is a giant plain text page)

I get RSS updates from here perfectly on Google Reader. All I had to do was right-click the RSS link and selected "Copy link address", then pasted it to Google Reader. Never had one problem.

I had no troubles with Google Reader on this site. They might have just been a bit dumb and not realized you had to actually put the RSS URL in the 'Add Subscription" part because just entering accursedfarms.com didn't work.

Other than that, all good.

I know it's an OT here... But the subtitle page is broken, it shows only the English subtitles! What happened to my Italian subtitles?

I'm wondering the same as Jecalux. There used to be pictures and subtitles in Swedish and Dutch, etc. but I don't see them anymore? Also, can't wait for next FM!

Basic RSS works fine.

However it would be really nice if you add some kind of date property to the individual feed entries. This would make it possible to order the entries according to their post dates.

Nice to catch up in the proper order after some absence...