Fallout: NV help

Sign in to follow this  

I recently downloaded Fallout: NV and I just started the game up to give it a go. I checked the video settings before I started up the game properly and I noticed that it had set my default graphics to high, I decided to change it to ultra to see if my PC could handle it but when I started up the game the skin textures of the NPC models were a weird hot pink. I thought it must have been something to do with me changing the settings so I quit the game, started it back up, and changed it back down to high.

Here's where the real problems began, now whenever I start up Fallout: NV it is perpetually stuck on the opening screen, it won't continue onto the menu. When I press ctrl + alt + del and select the Task Manager it tells me that the game is not responding. I've searched the web for some answers but I haven't found anything. I've thought about re-downloading but as it is 11GB and I'm on a limited plan I won't be able to do this for another month and I've already been waiting for 18 days for the next month to begin. Does anyone have any possible fixes to this problem?

According to the converter I just used it's 9.87598 GB to d/load. I guess I'll just have to re-download, 30 days to go I suppose :(

That's really weird... Only 7.09 GB for me.

Try going to the install folder, and manually change the settings in the high.cfg file to match the settings in the low.cfg file. (make sure to backup any file you change first though)

[EDIT] Have you tried changing the settings from the launcher rather than in-game?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Have you tried changing the settings from the launcher rather than in-game?

I could only change settings on the launcher, the second time I ran the game it froze on the screen that has the credits on it. It never reaches the main menu.

At least I've got ME2 to tide me over for the next 28 days :D

Too bad that 28 days later you'll be a zombie...

How did I not notice that D:<

How did I not notice that D:<

;)