Changing flv files to wmv

Sign in to follow this  

Heya.

I'm not sure but this may be the first topic I've actually started.

Anyway. I have a bunch of video files, mainly downloaded from YouTube via Realplayer, that I want to convert to some other format, most likely wmv.

Why? So I can watch them on a computer that doesn't have Realplayer or Internet access. (Also because the videos I really like keep getting deleted because they tend to be mashups that infringe a little on copyright, and I want to preserve them for my own use.)

I tried using Realplayer's own converter to do this, but while the video comes out OK, the audio becomes HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS with the original audio just barely hearable underneath, if at all.

Gimmie some recommendations... another converter I should be using, or the "right" options to select when using the REalplayer converter. Whichever.

As an incentive... delicious cakes?

all%20my%20base%20cake.bmp

delicious-transformers-cakes4-199x300.jpg

300full.jpg

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...