Marble Hornets

Sign in to follow this  

What is this, some sort of Blair Witch thing? Do you recommend it?

It's a sort of suspense/thriller shot with handheld cameras that is well acted, well paced, has good characters, and a really good story. So yes, I'd wholly recommend it. I'm not even really a fan of the genre and I love the show.

Isn't this the series with some mysterious figure called 'slender man'?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Yes it is.

Heh, I watched a few of these videos quite a while back. I have a friend who kept getting really creeped out by Slenderman.

I simply found it a little difficult to keep track of the storyline, but that's understandable, as these videos I believe are intended as clues for people to piece together the story. I think that's how it works anyway.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Well there are several youtube series featuring the slender man, but the Marble Hornets storyline is pretty easy to follow. Not really a story to be peiced together, the order is fairly straightfoward. Some of the other series are a bit more tricky though.

Slenderman creeps me right out. I've lost sleep thanks to those goons over at Something Awful (they thought up Slendy in the first place). I'm not one to discriminate based on how much sleep I lose over it though, and it looks like the various series out there are mostly well done. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Slendy's following me... No place is safe any more. Not even the Accursed Farm.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

OH MAN, OH MAN.

I've said this before on the "The Tunnel" thread. I said that I believe there's such a thing as "proper horror" and "improper horror." I said that examples of proper horror were "The Tunnel" and "Marble Hornets."

I have the Season 1 DVD; it's AWESOME.

All you had to do was say "slenderman is in it" and I would have looked.

with this new found knowledge, I'll begin watching this as soon as time allows.

Retired Forum Moderator

I honestly look over my shoulder every now and then, from this. Not to mention I now hate mirrors, windows and shadows. Probably the scariest thing I have ever heard of.