playing MKV in Windows Media Player

After reading about the issue scot has been having with MKV. in VLC, just though i would chip in and say try using the CCCP

http://www.cccp-project.net/

its a massive codec pack for windows media player which includes MKV. support, and ive never had any issues.

just a head ups.

Targie

It can be known from Microsoft support website that Windows Media Player still won't play MKV files.

To successfully play MKV files in Windows Media Player, it is quite wise to convert MKV to Windows Media Player more supported video formats like WMV, AVI, ASF, MP3 and more.

Here is a full guide about how to do this at:http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/mkv-windows-media-player-solution.html

Anything other than MKV is going to use more space. Save your hard drive and just get the codec pack, people. Converting doesn't increase quality.

It almost looks like spam advertisements for a specific video converter...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

spam??

Yes. Remember, don't reply to them or talk about them in the thread, just report them and leave them be for a moderator to dispose of. Otherwise threads get cluttered up with posts that make even less sense when the spam bot posts are removed. :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

spam??

Yes. Remember, don't reply to them or talk about them in the thread, just report them and leave them be for a moderator to dispose of. Otherwise threads get cluttered up with posts that make even less sense when the spam bot posts are removed. :P

Sorry, it's just they're becoming smarter and smarter... I reported about 5 last week and they keep on coming. This forum seriously needs some anti spam improvements. I need to tell that to Ross :P

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^