September 2016 Video Chat Questions

Hey folks! The next video chat will be on September 4, 2016.

If you have a question you'd like to ask Ross, please post it here or you can email [email protected] and I'll make sure Ross sees them.

Thank you!

Ross, since the end of Freeman's Mind in 2014, over the last year and a half you have opted to make less narrative content as opposed to Game Dungeon and your Ross Rant videos, while I enjoy them, I am curious if you have anything planned in a narrative format (meaning like Freeman's Mind or Civil Protection) in the coming months/years, besides the movie itself.

Hey Ross, what do you think about speedrunning, and have you ever tried to speedrun a game?

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

• Last time you said you don't drink much alcohol. Me neither! Is there anything non alcoholic you enjoying drinking?
  • If and when we achieve meaningful space travel we might discover that the humanoid model of anatomy might not be the norm, how do you think we will manage if it turns out most intelligent species are more like trees or giant amoebas?
  • If you don't mind saying, what state are you originally from? I ask because I want to know how accurately it was depicted in Arcade America.
  • Which is the worse thing in hack and slash games? Kiting away from powerful enemies or healer units resurrecting enemies?

Okay, I have a few more questions!

• Is there an actual storyline behind the Zombie Trailer Park review where we met the second Ross? I heard some theories that "the Orb" could be the teleporter from Freeman's Mind, but one of the copies made of yourself didn't die apparently...
  • Also, how did you make the two of you sync up so well?
  • You may have answered this one before, but are there games that you love, but everyone else seems to hate and vice versa?
  • Why is my hair on fire?
  • Do you think piracy is justifiable when a game is only available as a censored version? I live in Germany and often the only way I can enjoy a game that has a little blood or nazis in it is if I pirate it.
  • Where do you go/What do you do when you need inspiration?
  • Do you know any more "Punk Games" like Quarantine?
  • Do you get annoyed at your fans sometimes, like when they ask you really stupid question like this one?
  • I think you may have answered this one before, but which game do you think is most deserving of a good movie adaptation?

What do you think of companies who make tiny changes to a game to ensure that people playing on certain consoles or operating systems can't play them?

As an example, this most famously occurred with Microsoft's PC port of Halo 2, where Microsoft outright lied to its customers by saying that the PC port of Halo 2 was impossible to run on Windows XP, when the game ran better on XP than it did on Vista, with the only thing stopping people from playing it on Vista being one variable in the installer that could be hex edited to make the game playable on XP.

I ask this because Microsoft did this again with Quantum Break, initially saying that it needed DirectX 12 to work, but they're soon releasing a DX11 compatible version on Steam.

Thank you for your time.

Ross, we all know your history and opinions on Machinima. Have you heard of Teamfourstar's new Machinima series of Final Fantasy VII? And what are your thoughts on it?

How will you deal with YouTube's new ad revenue rules?

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Hey Ross,

Regarding The Movie... I know you've said that music and such is something you'll handle later in the pipeline. You've also said that you have one or two composers in mind, but is there any chance of another potential one to contribute? If so, would you give some hints of what you're looking for style-wise, way ahead of an eventual deadline? A little call out?

Also, I think it's time for your other series to get their own theme songs. Ross Rants, for instance. What are your thoughts about it?

Thanks for an excellent YouTube channel and fan service.

If you have a question you'd like to ask Ross, please post it here

But Ross already created a thread for chat questions here, why another one?

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

But Ross already created a thread for chat questions here, why another one?

Actually, this thread was created about three weeks before Ross made that one, so, uh...

Maybe Daniel will add the questions here to the list, if they haven't been reposted on that thread?

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Actually, this thread was created about three weeks before Ross made that one, so, uh...

My bad.

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.