Subtitle Workshop Thread

Sign in to follow this  

As mentioned in the guidelines, Subtitle Workshop is a fantastic program for editing subtitles. Here's a link to the download page again:

http://www.urusoft.net/downloads.php?lang=1

I'm creating this thread if anyone has any general comments and questions about it. I don't promise to monitor it, but it might help get things started. You don't HAVE to post about it here if the thread gets too massive, but it might help.

I stickied the thread. If you've got any other doubts regarding SW Ian and I have some experience as well.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I think i will start working soon on the subtitles but...since im brazilian our portuguese is a little different from the portuguese of Portugal,should i still post the subtitle on the portuguese topic but specify that its from Brazil or post it on the other languages topic?

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

I think i will start working soon on the subtitles but...since im brazilian our portuguese is a little different from the portuguese of Portugal,should i still post the subtitle on the portuguese topic but specify that its from Brazil or post it on the other languages topic?

Yeah, please specify that and post it in the portuguese forum.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I'm planning on making a set of English subtitles for the FM series when this semester is over...

Gonna have to do some research on how to integrate it into the videos though, or all you'd get is the words in .txt format and the timing for them... lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I'm planning on making a set of English subtitles for the FM series when this semester is over...

Gonna have to do some research on how to integrate it into the videos though, or all you'd get is the words in .txt format and the timing for them... lol

Maybe we could do the converting to SRT if you're ok with it.

For anyone who cares over a decade later, I recommend Subtitle Edit. Obviously, Subtitle Workshop nowadays is outdated. Subtitle Edit is free, highly versatile, and offers lots of excellent features. Just about anything you could want in a subtitle editor, it's got. It even allows for stylization (which YouTube supports, by the way) such as color or positioning. I've listed the specific formats on another post.

Edited by Erasmus Roterodamnsus (see edit history)