From Dust (and Populous/Black And White)

Sign in to follow this  

Anyone excited for this one? Out next week (in the UK anyway, don't know if the same applies to everyone else). Called the 'spiritual successor to Populous' and Black and White, it got a lot of praise at E3 and is generally causing a bit of excitement. Anybody buying it, thoughts, etc? Just a quick little topic, for my amusement *evil cackle*

I've played B&W 1 and 2, they are both great games. But I know nothing about "From Dust". Heard it's a goood game ;0

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Black and White 1 was hampered by its controls in my opinion and I felt like I didn't have enough guidence on what I should be doing, so I eventually gave up on it. Classic modern gamer I suppose. It's the Populous comparisons that have got me psyched for it though. I know a heck of a lot of people will disagree, but for me, Populous is the greatest game of all time. Beautiful, fun, innovative, never matched. Until now, hopefully, although admittedly they're different styles of game. Finger hovering over the pre-order button of From Dust as we speak.

Black & White 1 has a very important place in my memory. The controls were never an issue for me because I became so fluent with them it felt natural. The second, well, meh.

All they had to do was say it was similar to B&W and I was sold on the spot.

Retired Forum Moderator

From Dust does look very impressive, I saw a video on Kotaku of a volcano that repeatedly erupted, spewing more and more material on to the surrounding ocean, slowly building a large and distinct cone-shaped island.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."