FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 20

Sign in to follow this  

Another great episode, even tough a little below evarage in my opinion.

Next one should be a good one, finally Freeman vs Gargantua can't wait.

Just a quick question, should we expect next couple episodes to come out this quick? Don't overwork!

Heheh... extremely short attention spans... don't worry, I don't think it will bother us, the true children of God (AKA Ross Scott). I just can't believe people are that short-attention-spanny (?). I mean, finding it pointless is one thing, but being an ass about with a shitty comment, bad rating, or just not watching is just stupid.

Anyway, all hail Ross Scott, master of machinimas, made in Gordon's image, shepherd of men, jewel of the internet,

it may have to do with the audio interleaving.

probably not though; it could be anything... if you're using VBR anywhere it could (but shouldn't) result in out-of-syncing.

when uploading to youtube, i suggest that your audio is a straight pure simple .WAV.

i don't think the WMV container supports wav files though.

if i were in your shoes, when uploading to YouTube i wouldn't be using WMV (well, i wouldn't be using it at all)..

Yo, Nobody Can Beat This Kind Of Comedy. Half-Life Source Was Boring At First, But Since You Put A Lot Of Action As Well As Commentary Into These 21 Videos That You Created, Half-Life Source Is Now More Interesting And Fun. I Hope That Once You're Done With This Series, You Can Start Another Series Like Freeman's Mind 2 - The Return Of Gordon Freeman And Use The Game Half-Life 2 - Portal. That Would Really Be Awesome. Anyways, Rock On, Roass Scott!! Physics Now Rules!! Forever!!

com(pli)ments from holland

ep. 20 is off the charts.. goes to show that enemy contact is not a vital factor for the awesome-factor that comes with F.M.

and by awesome i don`t mean the new meaning of awesome like this ice-cream tastes awesome.. more the kind of awesome that you get when a freshly bio-engineered dino is staring you in the face.

one of my friends does not have a working computer and whenever he comes over he asks me if there's a new F.M. out. i know he's going to be thrilled about this one.

on behalf of me, my best friend and my girlfriend.. i can only say..

AWESOME^^

Awesome. Just pure awesome.

Keep 'em coming, Ross. We love them.

~Cozmic~

Wow, this went up fast! Thanks for the latest (even if it did come at the expense of some real gaming time). The new opening intrigues me, but I have to say I like the simplicity of the original. I'll take a full look when you get the download link up.

Awesome job!!!

PS: Freeman's Mind - Episode 13 link at Machinima.com is not working anymore. Link is not found. Please try to fix when possible. Thank you!

Hey Ross,

I noticed how you didn't freak out when you saw what was left of the alien in the water

You didn't get the 44!?!

D:

Anyway, good work man

I like the new intro. I was thinking, as Gordon desperately dived into the water to avoid the dead bodies and radiation, that I kind of wonder what he's thinking about while he's swimming to make him go "Mmm hmmm MMM mmm!" But then again if we could understand him when he's doing that then it wouldn't nearly be as funny.

Another great episode over all.

Always fantastic. Always makes me laugh out loud. Just made my crappy day about 30 times better. I thank you, Ross~

please return to the old opening sequence. it is part of the show as much as your voice or following a trail of dead bodies.

Ross Scott your shows are the best i love freemans mind and civil protection. Can't wait for the next civil protection, looks great

43.jpg

Download 672x384 WMV (70MB)

Here's another new episode. This one has a new introduction for the titles I made. I originally made this to go with the Machinima.com opening logo to try and better integrate it into the show, but after being told that should be fine, it was shot down (that caused a delay with the last episode actually), so I decided to redo it and integrate it into the regular titles. Even though it's a few seconds long I'm a little hesitant to add something like this since I know many Youtube viewers have extremely short attention spans and this on top of the Machinima.com logo and the titles might be a little more than they want to wait through, but I decided to include it anyway. If people like it, I'll probably leave it in for a few episodes then change it to something new to maybe reflect Freeman's progress in the game.

This episode is another wandering episode, there's no enemy conflict in this one. I'm guessing for that reason people won't like it quite as much, but I'm still trying to keep it interesting. The episode after this will have more action and that will be out pretty soon.

Making these in a rapid-fire fashion is cutting into my time more than I'd like (I'm working weekends, but not more than about 8 hours a day), but it's sort of interesting to see how fast I can do them since I've never made multiple episodes of Freeman's Mind where that's ALL I was working on before. I think they might come out a little better if they were done more slowly, but not substantially so. Regardless, this is an experiment. I'll be going back to work on Civil Protection by the end of the month.

EDIT:

Even though the Youtube version will be forever screwed up, I finally fixed the downloadable copy so the intro plays correctly and the sound is in sync.

Ross I gotta say one of the best episode yet, keep em coming man

Awesome episode Ross. By the way, silly machinima messed up the number, says its 21. " Freeman's Mind (Half-Life Comedy) / Freeman's Mind: Episode 20 (Half-Life Machinima)

Season 1 Episode 21"