FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 21

Sign in to follow this  

episode 22! episode 22! episode 22! we call you out!

Man you are awesome I stumbled you and can't wait for the next episode. I was wondering since the soldiers fired at the bot and freeman likes bots of you running out there and get smoked a bit and realize that everyone hates you. You are only "paranoid" If they are not trying to kill you. Bot kills soldiers bot should like you...

We know that bot hates anyone.

I noes see's teh new vid

iz late monday

Where iz it?

Mah love for you iz faden...

hurry up...

or else

I always thought that the echo was part of this.

That we're not listening in to him talking in the mind but vocally. You had scenes where Freeman is underwater and we hear him trying to breathe... I thought the echo fit with the world since Black Mesa has some of biggest rooms and halways i have ever seen in a government complex.

I appreciate your work, Mr Scott. Loved every episode of Civil and Freeman's mind. Kinda makes you appreciate halflife a bit more in it?

Also, stop shooting out the episodes out like you had a harem of girls screaming for your.... Oh wait. Well, just relax and don't go nuts.

Master piece.

/Chris

As always, you've got some good improv skills...I don't know how the process goes with you...maybe something like I was thinking of trying with a "Clarke's Mind" thing for Dead Space? (Though I think someone's doing it already...Maybe I should do a "Kane's mind" for Doom 3. "What the F*CK?! If you teleport, you have to go through hell's own colonoscopy?!") If you have your own process, write it...all I can do is guess at how it works.

1) Gameplay, recorded with audio, and a separate voice recorder for my own live comments as it happens.

2) Record the comment phrase by phrase watching the video.

3) Remix.

As I said...this is just an idea I had on how I'd do it. As for how you do it...well, it works anyway and I don't want to stifle creativity by throwing a "do it this way" fan demand into the mix. Also, I don't have the hardware to connect my XBox into my laptop for recording to get the raw audio/video at high quality...so I can't exactly throw stones here.

I kind of anticipated more excited swearing on Freeman's part when he saw the Gargantua...although I have this feeling he's going to be doing that more when he has to deal with it face to face in order to finally fry it. Maybe put a "notarget" on a keystroke so you can cue up when the Garg gives chase? "Okay...nice alien...niiice alien..." *hit the notarget key so it finds you* "Oh SH*T!!! Runrunrunrunrun!!!"

"Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of the university."

I have faith that sooner or later the dialogue will get much more creative with changing situations. Over the past few levels, it's just been blam blam, air ducts, blam blam, hallway, blam blam. Environments are going to change up big time at a faster rate. Lots of stuff to comment on. And some of the Marine dialogue is cool when you know they're there...and you toss a grenade in. "Oh SH*T!" *BOOM!*

"Oh he'll pay. He'll most definitely pay." "Well here's a down payment!" *satchel charge boom*

I think it is late monday for Americans now

OK, it must be late monday so where is the episode

if it is next monday, i'm gonna be pissed off!

Yay, it is done! I don't really mind if it is on tuesday (I guess it is still monday for the USA)

OMG I was almost right!!! Ep22 Monday!! What's the schedule like? An episode every Mon, Wed and Fri?

Another episode already? Damn Ross, you're on fire!

Being that the .357 is one of my favorite weapons in the game it tortures me to see Gordon passing it up, but that just goes to show the level at which I can get immersed in Freeman's mind when watching it. So kudos on that.

Why don't you have control over when the episodes are released? I thought machinima just wanted a set # of eps per month...

Episode 22 comes so soon.

Keep it up, Ross Scott.

EP 22 just went online on youtube at machinima's channel.

Amazing work. Ross, you do a good job of hiding the fact that you're overworked. Don't die in the Machinima business.

So you already mentioned that you have no control over when the Youtube versions go up, but is Machinima not allowing you to post the downloadable file on accursedfarms.com until the Youtube version is live? I actually prefer to wait for the high quality download, rather than watching a jerky embedded online version.

Awesome job on this episode, and I look forward to the next!

The time you spend on the dialogue and the recording really shows. It is cool to see that you want to put out a great product for the FM fans. Thanks Ross.

T.T.

I really love Freeman's mind. When I first watched it, it reminded me of that famous Super Mario Frustration video. You kinda have the same voice as the guy who made that one.

Do you really get marriage proposals because of your videos? They must come from the rare species of lady geeks, then!

Confirming the no-sound-in-downloaded-file issue. Both in this one, and in the #22. Will try fiddling with the download, nevertheless got quite surprised with this out-of-the-blue inconvenience...