Why is Sex sometimes wrong?

Sign in to follow this  

Yeah, but the 'correct use' of the condom involves no other physical contact with your partners bodily fluids... Typically not something doable if you're having sex.

Except that if you read the conditions of the test... they actually conducted this study by observing people who were taking the highest risk possible... in sexual relationships with partners whom they knew to be HIV+.

Again, the couples took extensive precautions against contacting their partner's bodily fluids. Just a condom will never protect you from STDs.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

But don't condoms prevent STDs over 99% of the time? And as long as safe sex is the rule, I don't think the danger lies in STDs... Also, most STDs are fairly standardly cured (aside from AIDS, of course).

I just have to comment on this...

CONDOMS DO NOT PROTECT AGAINST STDS!!!

They have a 99% success rate of preventing a pregnancy ONLY. 99% of the time that they are used, a pregnancy does not occur. (this does not tell us anything about whether a pregnancy would have occurred had a condom not been used)

There is a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% chance of getting an STD from your sex partner (if they have one) whether you use a condom or not.

Regardless of how reliable the 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% statistic is (really BTG? You got this from a doctor? I really wonder what doctor that was... : P), he is right that the over 99% statistic I used was related to pregnancy and not STD's. So that was really just a stupid mistake on my behalf. So you are probably right that the risk of STD's is a good reason not to have sex with everyone.

A question that I always wondered at... can you get an std from a virgin?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Yeah, if you're a carrier it doesn't matter if you're a virgin or a whore, you've still got it. I think it just changes your resistance, but as I'm not a medical doctor I don't really know if it does make you more resistant to what you already have ,especially if it doesnt affect you as it is.

What I mean is that if you're a carrier with AIDs (You were born with it) It isnt going to affect you from birth.

Yeah, if you're a carrier it doesn't matter if you're a virgin or a whore, you've still got it. I think it just changes your resistance, but as I'm not a medical doctor I don't really know if it does make you more resistant to what you already have ,especially if it doesnt affect you as it is.

What I mean is that if you're a carrier with AIDs (You were born with it) It isnt going to affect you from birth.

If you're born a carrier with aids, you won't be affected at all?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure about being not being affected at all, but seeing as you're born with it, and have obviously got some sort of resistance to it, I'd say you'd be pretty safe, or at an advantage to someone who was born without being a carrier.

Kind of off the point, but this is technically part of the sex conversation.

I feel that I should only consider sex with a girl who I actually do love or care about, a hell of a lot. Especially as I am a virgin, I want my first time to be with someone special.

I go to an all-boy school, and choices for me (as a straight male) are extraordinarily thin. Though I do go on the train to and from school, and have had a crush on a girl for a considerable amount of time.

(I have loved a girl before, but that ended horrifically, so I'm not going there again.)

But I guess it kind of does depend on your opinion, if you have a heart (as it seems a lot of people here do)

Do I ignore my feelings to those I care about and go for those easy girls? Or do I risk heartbreak when I attempt to go out with a girl I genuinely have feelings for?

I want my first time to be with someone special.

The first time is invariably cr*p, be prepared.

Do I ignore my feelings to those I care about and go for those easy girls? Or do I risk heartbreak when I attempt to go out with a girl I genuinely have feelings for?

I would say you should not ignore your feelings, quite the opposite - follow them.

First romances and crushes rarely ever last. If you try and fail with a girl you like - you will get over it. There will be another one worthy of attention. Even if you succeed - the chances are you will grow apart as your circumstances change, you both mature, understand yourself more, move to different towns etc. Nothing's wrong with that but do enjoy yourselves while it lasts.

However, if you don't ever try your luck with a person you like for fear of rejection you will be doomed to ever-repeating failures.

You like her? Ask her out and tell her (before somebody else does).

Regards

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

A question that I always wondered at... can you get an std from a virgin?

If the virgin has an STD, yes. Keep in mind that things like HIV, AIDS, and other diseases can be transferred through other methods, such as mixing blood (it can happen in a kiss if the partner has a cut in his/her mouth).

From all this I've been reminded that sexual interaction is fucking dangerous...

Unless it's oral (Bazinga!) ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 73 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.