3D Screenshots

Sign in to follow this  

A while ago I became interested in stereophotography and stereograms. So, just for fun I tried to make some 3D screenshots from Half-Life. In the early experiments I've left the viewmodel visible, which doesn't look very good (as it's perceived as an object at infinity while at the same time obscuring the field of view):

The rest of the album...

Then recently I remembered about this as I was processing some photos from my Fuji camera and made some more HL shots:

The rest of this image set...

The script on Phereo page can show the images in a number of stereo formats including anaglyph (needs red-cyan glasses) or cross-eyed (which I by far prefer).

Regards

You can view cross-eyed stereo without special glasses, you just need to learn the technique.

Basically, lean back from the screen a bit, cross your eyes slightly until the stereopair starts to look like a row of 3 images, then focus on the central image.

If you wear glasses against myopia (negative diopters) then you should wear them for viewing cross-eyed stereo as well.

Regards

Yes, it's not difficult. You may get tired if you watch crosseyed pictures more than 10min or so without a break...

Anyway, I think it's worth it to learn unaided stereo viewing (both crosseyed and parallel) - just because it feels good to know you can do it. Also, it still never ceases to amaze me how an unremarkable flat picture all of a sudden turns into full 3D right in front of your eyes, literally.

Regards

Sorry to hear that.

You should try this then (parallel) - most people find parallel viewing relaxing and a good eye rest...

vortexas2.gif

Don't put your glasses (if you wear any) on for this one.

Regards

Put those screenshots into a slideshow with some HL audio FX added (this is cross-eyed only):

Regards

Now all you have to do is make a 3-D mod for Half life. :P

And while you're at it make you sig "Regards" it would save you from having to type it every time :lol:

Alyxx is right, it's a habit, comes instinctive to me now, like putting full stop at the end of a sentence...

Regards