WW1 Source -back from the dead

Sign in to follow this  

today i redownloaded WW1 Source, after a buddy told me it was alive again. i have to admit the community now is better, and realisms are still going on.

for the ones who do not know:

WW1 source is a world war 1 modification for Half Life 2. it's set in 1916, British vs Germans in an open field/trench scenario. each team has 3 classes: light infantry (rifleman), machine gunner and officer.

Light Infantry

LI has a rifle (mauser for germans, enfield for brits), bayonet and 2 grenades. aim is bad but yet the best in the game. Enfield has 10 low damage bullets, Mauser has 5 powerful rounds. the grenades work the same and bayonets are also equal on both sides.

to operate the rifle, one must manually operate the bolt by pressing Q. you can also do it if you have a round in the chamber, so don't spam it. you also can't reload until all 5/10 rounds are spent.

this class is meant to charge guns blazing at the enemy, so you better train shooting and melee.

Machine Gunner

MG works pretty much like the one in DoD:S, both sides have MGs that work similarly. to deploy it, go prone and press right mouse button. you can't shoot it unless deployed. you also have a stick with nails to defend yourself in melee. it's worthless but helpful against distracted opponents.

this class is for defence. do NOT change guns blazing with it because the low speed and disability to shoot unless deployed will get you killed.

Officer

this guy is a tough bugger. carries a 6 shooter pistol and binoculars, which you can use to call in poison gas and artillery. that gas isn't very useful for killing, but forces the enemy to wear gas masks, which limit their line of sight considerably. the artillery works as you would expect it to: bomb the crap out of the enemy.

this class works for both attack and defence, you'll just spam bombs and poison gas in no-man's land.

if you want to get it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/ww1-source

a gameplay video to show you more or less what i explained above:

MsA6GdP8u7g

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

There was veeeeeryyyyy few servers up! But the game (mod) seems pretty good. Ill just wait for a while, and there will probably be more players.

"Life sucks sober!"

3 servers up. 2 official and 3rd marines clan. and normal player count is around 30-40 when realisms are going on

Wow, there's a WWI mod? I got to try this!

Mostly because the SMLE is one of my favorite rifles and it's definitely my choice if I had to fight in the muddy ditches of France.

its slowly resurrecting. the devs just managed to open up the coffin and getting the poor mod out of there. yet there are some realism events from time to time.