Forum News

I really don't see what the problem with Vanilla is. I like it.

But then again, I don't have much experience with forums. I've been to SPUF and another I had visited for a month before leaving.

All,

I don't know shit about this stuff, but the one forum to which I'm a regular visitor uses vBulletin to power it. If you want to know the name of the forum, just reply to this message. I have no dog in this fight; this is just a suggestion. Take it for what it's worth. Cheers!

I was just thinking that if comments will be phased out here once the forums are launched, then you don't really need WordPress integration at all, do you? I mean, there will be no reason at all to log into this site, right? Only to the forums. So, when they go live, just close the comments in here, port the posts and comments to the forums and everyone can recreate their accounts there (filling in the form should take what... 30 seconds?)

I've never worked with vanilla but what I see there doesn't make me want to.

I can, however, vouch for phpBB being a good style. I've used it before and it's a rather user friendly design for both users and administrators. The forum layouts are very customizable for phpBB as well.

Again, never worked with vanilla so I can't really compare the two. I just know personally that php is a good choice if you want a user friendly and readable forum.

Do phpBB, definitely. It looks more organized to me and works with AccursedFarms much better. Is there any way you can get a dark background for it? It would fit with the rest of the site.

I was looking at the mockup for the forums at accursedforums.tk and the description for the Obscure PC Games section caught my eye.

... There are some great games out there that may have been overlooked through the ages, alternately there are plenty of bad ones that deserve to remain obscure. As a PC gamer, I'm only interested in PC games for this section, sorry console people. I define PC as all the way back to the Commodore 64 up to present day.

If Commodore 64 is in, what about all the Atari models (800 XL, 65 XE, 130 XE), the Amstrad CPC and let's not forget, the ZX Spectrum (just epic). They all had awesome games and were somewhat contemporary.

I remember playing (as a prepubescent toddler) "Where time stood still" with a friend that had a Spectrum (it must have been the 128K model, since the other only machine that could run that game was the Atari 520 ST) and not believing my eyes. The sheer size of the worldmap was mind blowing for those times. Or Draconus, for the Atari 800XL and 65XE. I still listen to the main song sometimes (it's on youtube, you can look it up). Or the RPG Ray Gun, for the Amstrad (a japanese anime style game, the first one I'd seen that had some nudity and was not a generic "Strip Poker"). Ah... good times... sniff sniff.

See, this is why you have to define your terms. If you don't, people cry... I mean, die.

its weird... normally ross' videos take 1-2 monthes to make... but now they only take weeks... it doesn't make any sense... WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE REAL ROSS SCOTT?!?!?!?!