Left and Right Brained

Sign in to follow this  

I'm assuming that most of you understand that the right and left sides of your brain manage the left and right sides of your body, respectively. And that your Right Hemisphere is very creative while your left side is much more practical. I used to be the genius whiz kid, mainly because of my creativity. I could find my own solutions and grasp concepts much more quickly than your average righty. But I didn't realize that until now, with subjects like Calculus, where you have to know what something is before you are told why it is. Example:

Teacher: This is how you take a derivative

2 months later

Teacher: This is the reasoning and real-world applications of a derivative

Me:WTF?!

So yea. Another thing I've noticed is my increasing interest in the arts. I play music, draw, write, and cook much more often than I used to. So now I'm faced with a dilemma. Do I go to college and get a degree and whatnot for the sake of success, but suffer through it, or go to an arts school and enjoy myself, but be less qualified for a job right off the bat?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

I'm strongly on the right. That means all my talents gets +50 points but my left side has -50 to everything.

Sorry, that's how it works.

I myself wanted to go to the art school but I found out that everything what can I learn in such school I can learn by myself.

It's your decision but I don't support art schools.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

well, first thing bro, don't ever go with whatever somebody tells you. if you feel it then go for it. even if your idea is the minority, and may not amount to a job right away still go for it. you shouldn't live life in the pursuit of the most wealthy path, rather in the pursuit of happiness.

and by the way if no jobs are open right away, fuck it, do free stuff for awhile, build a reputation, one day you'll help out the right guy who'll talk about you, then an employer or two would be lining up for YOU. it's something you gotta work at to do well in. but what's worth it is never easy. (or however the hell that quote goes. i'm tired right now.)

if you're still confused or want more advice feel free to ask. :)

I can't even brain.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Do what makes you happy, not richer. Stop worring, be happy. You're creative, if money's not enough you'll figure out somehow :P

I was in the same dilemma, I still need to go through 2 or 3 years before entering to college, it depends if I want to go for the french bachelor's degree that is accepted worldwide or just stick with my Costa Rican one that isn't accepted as well. Before I wanted to be a Systems engineer because it was a highly wanted degree here and could give me a lot of money but then I started getting involved in photography and now I've decided that's what I'm gonna study even if photographers aren't well payed and it's a difficult market. I want to follow my passion because dedicating to what you love is living, not working.

Now I have to bust my ass and get perfect grades in school for the next 2 years because photography where I want to study demands so, if not I'll have to pay lots to get in an expensive private college that isn't that good but I'll make it because it's what I want to do (:

That's my advice as cliché as it may sound, just follow your heart.

''Almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.''

-Steve Jobs

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Why is everyone quoting Steve Jobs now? He was an asshole!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Topic, people...

I think that you guys might have just turned my life around, especially Bill and ESPECIALLY Kirk. If I ever make something out of myself, I wil have you and Scrubs to thank, and I will personally find you two and give you a hefty sum of money. Scout's honor :D

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

So? He was still an asshole.

He may have been an asshole, but you can't deny a lot of the things he said and is quoted for are right. Take a look at his speech in Stanford in 2005.

Back on topic.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

So? He was still an asshole.

Yeah man, if it weren't for him we'd have no 3D animated movies, and the PC market would be far less advanced.

What an asshole right?