Military Detention Bill

Sign in to follow this  

While looking up stuff on the victory over SOPA and PIPA (apparently), I heard something about a Military Detention Bill, I've tried to look up stuff for it but maybe I have the name wrong. From what I've heard though it sucks pretty bad, AND it's already been passed. So, discussion I guess.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Yes, basically it allows the military to secretly kidnap and imprison anyone in the country, including citizens, if they are deemed "terrorists". They don't even have to tell anyone about where you are, and can keep you from contacting the outside when you're imprisoned.

So yeah, it's kind of like something out of the Lenin era Soviet Union.

Page 362 of the NDAA clearly states: “UNITED STATES CITIZENS.—The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.”

Page 362 also says: “LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS.—The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.”

Now, take your debunking like a man.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

What's wrong with this bill? The Constitution allows the government to hold American citizens indefinitely without cause. Here, I'll show you:

The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

See? It's fine!

Wait a minute.

The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
Cases of Rebellion or Invasion

Now, I must have been living under a rock for some time. Did the South declare secession again? Is Iran invading? I certainly don't hear any Islamic praying or banjo-playing where I am.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

I suppose it could be argued that the Al-Quaeda sleeper cells, like the guys who flew the planes, and the ones they busted in Buffalo consititute an invasion of sorts. The Laxawanna Six, the Toronto 18, etc.

And the homegrown ones could be considered to be in a state of rebellion, given their goals.

Not that I personally agree with the argument, just that it is a possible, perhaps even plausible one.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.