Koach's Amusing Journey Into the World of the BG2 Devs.

Sign in to follow this  

Melee detection is automatic and only in the little . thing in the crosshair. that means the damage applies exactly when you press right mouse button. Shots are quite interesting. The bullets actually fire from the hat, not the gun, so in a close quarters scenario, i say crouch before you shoot, do not aim down barrel (pointless and ineffective) and DO NOT RELOAD.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Today, Nathan Hale, leader of the BattleGrounds 2 Developer Team announced that I got accepted in the BG2-Devs as their new texture artist.

Thoughts?

Hmm. Coincidence?

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Yes, Nathan Hale, also one the name of one of the biggest spy failures of the US. Still, nice guy.

Ok, so after checking it out I conclude a few things.

- You cannot melee while crouching....why?

- The recipe for success is yelling "AHA" every time you see an enemy

- Getting under the map is really easy

- The font is bloody annoying, just bad design choice

- I really like the maps, especially because the few I played where all sunny and happy atmospheric

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One iritatting thing is ppl seem to go skrimish a lot on line battles.. and managing to press R in close quarters doesent mean great succses

Haha yeh. Reloading in CQB scenarios is a bad idea.

*Ye, you cannot stab when crouched. IDK Why, but i would leave it as it is, otherwise bad players would spam that instead of getting better.

*The recipe for success is to be in the british team, grab the Light Infantry with buckshot and point blank people with it.

*We are fixing the getting out of maps thing. We got 2 mappers working on that.

*The font is fine, IMO. I hate when all games have the same font everywhere.

*The maps are pretty, yes, but most probably you only played Ambush, Townguard, Strangeways and Maricopa, with the chance of having played Trenton. Those are the only maps people play regularly. Road, Pillage and River also are overplayed, but not as much.

*Skirmishes in LBs are only given when the line is down to 3 or 4 players. Otherwise the formation must be kept.

Give me a shout and we can all get into a server and play together. AF meeting in BG or something.

*The font is fine, IMO. I hate when all games have the same font everywhere.

Its not that it is ugly or anything, and I like the fact that you guys try to stick with the theme in every aspect. But it is just a badly chosen font because it is hard to read and not very easy on the eyes. In the menu's it doesn't bother me that much. But in game when I want to give a quick peek at the scoreboard or killfeed I need to be able to read it instantly and not spend seconds trying to decipher what it says. It makes the killfeed and scoreboard virtually unusable ingame. Also the scoreboard is especially hard to read because the text doesn't pop out a lot and just goes to well with the background. Its a little thing but it makes a big difference.

Also the shooting seems to be very random, it doesn't really seem to go where I point, even at point blank the bullet(or whatever the actual term for the round thing is) seems to fly all over the place. Also the melee range is laughably short, even the knife at the end of the barrel(forgetting ALL THE TERMS) only works when you give someone a warm hug.

I really like the mod and the idea behind it, it is just not executed as well as it could have been. I'm not banishing the game from my library, though. I did really enjoy playing with people because they seem to be more talkative compared to other games, and I like that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bayonet.

And what happens with melee is that it's instantaneous, meaning the damage occurs immediately when you press the RMB. For shooting, you have to take into account the bullet drop, bullet delay, bullet speed and overall accuracy. For the time being, use shotgun.

Oh my god, can you seriously fix BG2? Seriously! YES, OH GOD, YES

First of all, PLEASE GET RID OF ALL THOSE DUMB CLANS PLAYING THE GAME. Lol, just kidding.

Hmm...well, I really wanted to like the militia class, but I couldn't. His melee sucks, and he reloads just as fast as the Continental Army. I like the Fowler's Accuracy, but I might as well just use the Revolutionarre. And, despite being smoothbore, historcially, you COULD shoot up to one hundred yards pretty accurately (the average soldier was accurate up to thirty yards).

PLEASE GET RID OF ALL THOSE DUMB CLANS PLAYING THE GAME

QFT

Not to interrupt their fun but jeez these guys are hardcore.

To give you an idea on BG2's clans:

29th: Hardcore, R Lee Ermey-ish discipline, no sense of humour.

42Cdo: Sells admin, gives it to 12 year olds, DEMOCRATIC HQ, Gives away high ranks like candy.

TRR: Half-homosexuals, half competitive. Lots of random shite going on in there.

24RF: A split from the 69th (disbanded), nobody respects them. Full of dinguses-

47th: Disciplined, hardcore, lots of humour and fun. We also have an Estonian.

LCG: TROLLS, IMMATURE 10 YEAR OLDS.

Bg-Ch: Chilean clan. No server, bunch of friends.

Livgarden: Rallying. Decent Danish clan.

21stPA: Rallying. Not very good Yank clan. Half trolls.

Regarding the Militia, the melee seems OK to me. Agreed, Fowler ball is useless, that's why YOU HAVE SHOTGUN. For the time being we have no coders available, and if Sinister happens to join as provisional coder, we might get him to work on the Early-Late war idea.

For the time being, Militia is Fowler + Shot + Point blanks + ??? = Profit.