Koach's Amusing Journey Into the World of the BG2 Devs.

Sign in to follow this  

Today, Nathan Hale, leader of the BattleGrounds 2 Developer Team announced that I got accepted in the BG2-Devs as their new texture artist.

I'll be using this thread to post my work and give you details on the mod, as well as tell you important details when allowed to. I'll also be taking texturing requests (only player textures, I'm way too busy to make even more walls and ceilings). Just tell me what do you want and i'll fix something within one or two weeks. Will be useful, free practice.

Thoughts?

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

Considering its just about all you ever talk about besides the stray pony remark (or talking about both), I'm very happy for you. I, too, hope to one day be on an awesome Dev Team.

I suppose here's a good place to ask you: What exactly is BG2? All I know is that it is a game that has lots of minutemen and awesome textures of closed doors.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ShinyShiny

"Anything I can do to help?"

Congrats! I'm guessing you resolved your VMF(or was it really VMT? :P ) issue then?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Thank you for all yer support, lads.

@Mr.ShinyObject, I wrote a big arse thread bout BG2 here:http://forum.ponyville.net/index.php?/topic/844-the-battlegrounds-2-get-in-line/

@Lord Sinister, the VMTs stopped being a real problem. I asked the team coder, he explained how useless they are in BG2 after 4-5 lines of code and told me to just bugger it and leave it to the coders.

On another note, I want to get better with players. If anyone wants a skin (easy one, can't work for too long on it), I can fix something for you in around a week or two.

Right now, my list consists of:

(from most to least important)

*That damned door.

*That blasted Virginian Militia.

*Replacing Valve textures in BG2, as well as making new ones.

*Napoleonic French skins.

*TF2 UFF Highlander clan class banner.

Congratulations! Can't wait to see what you have to offer for this mod.

I don't like writer's block, I prefer to call it writer's parry.

Glad to see your Walkman is finally paying off.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

:D I would appreciate it, lads. Give me a shout on Steam and i take you through a full tour of the game.

Noted. I finally actually looked into the game and it's pretty neat looking actually.

YOU BETTER NOT FUCKING DISAPPOINT ME KOACH

(but no pressure)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Yes about that. Axel, you need 2.1.1 patch for the game to work fine. Devs are currently working on a fixed full installer, but for the time being, download and overwrite this into yer BG2 folder:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/battle-grounds-2/downloads/battlegrounds-2-21-to-211-patch-clientserver

Same goes for Kaweebo and anybody who wants to play.

and, @Kaweebo, Don't ya worry, my textures are top notch. Way better than Peacekeeper90's and Jlea's. Hehehe.

Yeah, just played an hour of it on a server. I don't think I'll ever play it again, I don't understand the shooting at all, even from point blank the bullets just seem to pass straight through everyone I shoot at. I tried leading the shot, aiming through iron-sights etc. but I could hardly ever kill someone.

Also, if reloading takes so long why can't I just switch to a melee weapon instead of standing there doing nothing while I'm stabbed to death. I've started reloading at one flag, and an enemy from spawn can run all the way over to me before I've finished reloading. Not to mention the horrible community that I've seen so far.

It's a pretty good game, I have no problem with the reload time.

And like Koach told me in steam chat, after you've fired a shot and there are enemies nearby, best idea is to use melee. (If you don't have a melee weapon, you alt-fire to stab the opponent. If you want quicker reload time and a melee weapon, use the royal commander class.)

Also known as "Username"

I do use melee, but the hit detection for both shots and melee seems absolutely abysmal. I really like the concept, but it's just not my sort of game.

I do use melee, but the hit detection for both shots and melee seems absolutely abysmal. I really like the concept, but it's just not my sort of game.

And like Koach told me in chat

"Muskets have shite accuracy lad"

Also known as "Username"