Help with account hacking stuff

Sign in to follow this  

I guess this is the right area. Basically, my Steam account was hacked and my GMail account was hacked, and I need both to get on Steam. And whoever hacked it was thorough as not only is my password changed, but my security question, and all recovery emails were changed. So I have no way to get into it without a lucky guess. But it was all for my Steam account as apparently I got kicked off because he/she logged in while I was on. (yet for some reason I can't log in while they are) I tried to change my password and everything when I still had it but got kicked off a second time and this time it was changed completely. I've tried everything I can think of to recover it but to no avail. Trying to contact Steam Support requires me to make a whole new account and a whole thing and I doubt they'd do anything because I'm not in control of my email. Was just wondering if anyone else has any advice? I'm hoping I'm just stupid and overlooked something blatantly obvious.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Did you have the same password for both your email and your Steam account...?

No, that's what worries me. I've sent off stuff to Google and Steam Support, though so hopefully they can get back to me. If not, idk what to do.

Doesn't Google usually ask you to confirm your email via SMS? If so, couldn't you recover your email using that somehow?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Great...

Well if I ever do get it back it'll be a pain in the ass having to get them all back. Goddammit. Hopefully Steam Support is on the case.

I could give you my account information so you can contact Steam if I'd be any help.

No, what I did was use an alternate email I had from a long time ago to contact Steam, but still under the Kaweebo name. Besides I wouldn't want your info to be stolen, too. I'm just hoping Steam and Google work this out.

In the meantime you might want to scan your PC for viruses of any sort, otherwise you might get your account back but get hacked right away again.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep. I added more stuff to my Steam Support ticket. List of friends who can back me up, screencaps of my passwords changed. I'm trying to find as much evidence as possible to not only get that guy off my account, but to ban him outright.

One of the things Steam support may ask you for is purchase information. Card details or some such that you have used to buy games for your Steam account in the past. At this point I reckon this is the only thing you really can use as concrete evidence that the account used to be yours. Only if they ask for it though! I wouldn't just start sending them random details unless they ask for it.

IF they do restore your account though, you had best be sure they change the email address the account is linked to as well if the current one has been compromised.

Finally, if both your email account AND your Steam account were compromised, didn't use the same password and did not have 'easily guessable' or 'weak' passwords, it could be that your machine has been compromised with key-logging software. I know you said you didn't find any viruses, what exactly did you scan it with? I mean, you have to admit, losing BOTH accounts at roughly the same time, considering what I stated above (if correct) does seem to be a bit too much of a coincidence to me.

Anyway, did you you try any other utilities such as HijackThis, AdAware or Spybot Search & Destroy? Have you also noticed any odd behaviour on your machine (like being automatically redirected to different web pages when trying to visit known ant-virus websites?)

Good luck with getting your account back.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Actually, I got it back. The person who hacked it was probably looking for credit card information, and since I didn't put any on there it was kinda useless. Though he did trade away my Strange Backburner but, oh well. Not that big a deal. I'm just glad I have it back. You can close this thread now. :)

Actually, I got it back. The person who hacked it was probably looking for credit card information, and since I didn't put any on there it was kinda useless. Though he did trade away my Strange Backburner but, oh well. Not that big a deal. I'm just glad I have it back. You can close this thread now. :)

Closed on your request (although I do strongly recommend you at least consider what I put in my post, just in case!). :)

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."