SimCity series music! Updated yet again

Sign in to follow this  

I relatively recently updated this collection to be more comprehensive, but I'm not going to write a whole new OP here when I can link to the original post I made on another forum with the downloads linked there.

Enjoy. If there's anything wrong with the collection, please let me know. Major props to Ross for using some of the SimCity 4 music in the Civil Protection Christmas Outreach episode.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

May I just point out how kind and awesome you are for doing this? This list still baffles me, it must have taken ages to compile.

Some of this collection is also quite rare, but having it all in one place is pretty damn useful. I would reputation-alize if I could.

May I just point out how kind and awesome you are for doing this? This list still baffles me, it must have taken ages to compile.

Some of this collection is also quite rare, but having it all in one place is pretty damn useful. I would reputation-alize if I could.

Yeah, the first iteration of the collection was in 2009. Most of it I gradually amassed, and the SimCopter & Streets of SimCity music were found for me by Simtropolis members.

I found the WillTV shorts on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reB-G5942yc and the Internet Archive, though, so that's good.

Yeah this is great, actually Simcity 2000 is one I'm hoping I can get some MIDI experts on board with doing a conversion for.

Yeah this is great, actually Simcity 2000 is one I'm hoping I can get some MIDI experts on board with doing a conversion for.

I'm glad to know you enjoy the collection, Ross. I'm actually doing a major revamp of this collection, adding metadata, track information and several new versions of game music, particularly for 2000. The only stuff I have left to really sort is the 2000 music for Mac and PC versions, and I'm keeping the Windows versions' MIDI files. Bit of a pain, but it should be done by the new year because I work on it on and off.

You also might be interested in some SC2K music remixes done by a friend of mine here: http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/53736-simcity-2000-music-retexture/