Source Engine: Y U Fail Sometimes?

Sign in to follow this  

I've had many hilarious moments shared between the Source Engine and myself every once in a while. I finally decided to make this thread after a couple encounters in Half-Life with the derping force of the world's finest physics.

Half-Life: Source

1. The occasional ground-humping ragdoll

2. The rocket that spazzes the fuck out when you aim it at the skybox (basically pointed at it by random chance and it went off map and made a massive explosion in the sky)

3. The Icthyosaur in the dam that does absolutely no damage to you when attacking you

4. The super-strong tentacle that, instead of killing you instantly, lodges you into a map wall by propelling you at insane speeds from impact, rendering you immobile

5. The n00b soldier who spins apeshit crazy when shooting at you

6. The Ninja Freeman, who lands right on top of Nihilanths head, causing a pale white screen, but any firing of any weapon kills Nihilanth instantly.

Half-Life 2:

1. The buggy drop wherein that dumb bitch lets go of the magnet crane 50 feet off the ground, but then your buggy bounces skyward and ejects you, sending you flying high up to the map ceiling, then killing you from fall damage

2. Still those damn ground-humping headcrabs

3. The invincible antlion that decimates every Combine guy in Nova Prospekt for you.

4. The Sawblade of doom that never loses momentum or lodges into the wall, it simply flies around the room, bouncing off walls until it decapitates your ass.

Team Fortress 2:

1. Super-Spy: Backstabs send ragdolls flying halfway across the map.

2. Scout's Crazy Legs double-jump (RIP)

3. Spycrab

4. Sniper hump (which isn't really a fail on the engine, just the animators)

Any other incidents from you guys?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Yeah, it took me a while, but I mastered getting off of ladders. Staying on them while climbing, however, isn't easy for me. I'm too hyper to hold the mouse steady. My movements are too twitchy.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

You forgot about the Solldier hump - aim with your rocket launcher at ceiilng and keep pressing crouch. Fun to look at it

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

3. The invincible antlion that decimates every Combine guy in Nova Prospekt for you.

Do you mean the Antlion Guard or a normal antlion?

4. The Sawblade of doom that never loses momentum or lodges into the wall, it simply flies around the room, bouncing off walls until it decapitates your ass.

How do you replicate this? It sounds fairly amusing. :P

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

It's a normal Antlion that you can control with the Hackey-Sack (that's what I call Bug Bait)

And I have no idea how I got it to work. I shot it through 2 zombies in the very first wooden structure of Ravenholm, it hit the wall, bounced back, decapitated me and kept flying around the room as I looked up from the dead body view.

Well that happens all the time. But it depends if you're talking about crossbows/ arrow projectiles pinning them to the walls, or the specialness of ragdolls that makes them do unusual things (so fun to screw around with)