Civil Protection Radio Chatter Just before Uprising

Sign in to follow this  

Haha, you've heard that. It's a pity I can't understand most of the male Civil Protection gibberish ;d. And is that female voice a real woman "converted" by aliens or something else?

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

I've normally assumed it was almost entirely robotic. It's quite possible she's more like the adjutant in StarCraft II:

adjutant.PNGAdjutantConfed_SC2_Head1.jpg

Nowadays you might picture her as some personality sphere or a type of GLaDOS.

I've written so many posts about the radio chatter in Half-Life 2, since it always fascinated me. As a young lad, I was listening to all the sound bites I could find and looking up police codes to decipher their meaning. You can mostly understand what they're saying, 90% of the time. Other codes they use seem very rare or simply made up. 647E was one I couldn't find. Combine Soldiers otherwise use a lot more terminology for the critters that the Resistance call Antlions, Headcrabs and Zombies. Like "Necrotics" and "Viroms".

Ah, the memories. I still have the paper I wrote down all the awesome short code names I might've used for online military pseudonyms, like Apex, Block, Blade, Dash, Dagger, Ghost, Helix, Ice, Ion, Jet, Nova, Line, Lock, Nomad, Phantom, Razor, Savage, Scar, Shadow, Striker, Spear, Tap, Tracker, Union, Vice, Victor, Viscon, Winder and Xray.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

She totally creeped me out in a video on Youtube! Uncanny Valley in one of the best appearances... GEEZZ!

I imagine this CP female voice either belongs to some non human AI form either organic or not, or to a woman that was redone and augumented to be a kind of semi automatic intelligent being. She has lots of tasks to organize and keep the eye on. I get impression that the Combine or wtf any aliens that stand behind this all, have kind of a hive mind or similar. So a mother is in command of male CP soldiers.

Her voice is totally automatic and intonation of words inadequate very often. CPs have some human accents when they talk and they have doubts, some hesatation in their voices and curse but she doesn't. So I imagine she looks pretty ugly actually, if she was ever a human. But probably not.

And you're very good Otto, in what you're doing with FM sound ;) No wonder you've been fascinated with CP chatters. They are fascinating to me as well. I thing VALVe has done extremely good work on the sound, but it's so good we don't ever hear it.

Military pseudonyms were kind of a mystery for me, and I can say that English language is much better for them than Polish...

Haha, you've heard that. It's a pity I can't understand most of the male Civil Protection gibberish ;d. And is that female voice a real woman "converted" by aliens or something else?

Hello, nightmares!

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

Hello, nightmares!

I'm so sorry Razor, I'm not into women so this is why it doesn't work on my imagination so much ;-)

Hello, nightmares!

I'm so sorry Razor, I'm not into women so this is why it doesn't work on my imagination so much ;-)

What the heck? I quoted Otto's pic up there.

But, oh well. The slave voice thing is nightmare fuel, too.

\m/ (^_^) \m/

Rock on.

O/

/|

/ \ This is Bob. Copy and paste Bob and soon he will take over internetz!

What the heck? I quoted Otto's pic up there.

But, oh well. The slave voice thing is nightmare fuel, too.

Hehe, well. I don't know new Starcraft much... But this robot-woman creeped me out a lot. Uncanny Vallley effect as I get rarely ever....