First-era videos reencoding to HEVC instead of to AVC?

HEVC being released in a few months, would not it be wiser just to wait for it to be released and use it for the reencoding process, instead of going with AVC just now?

I am speaking of the first batch of videos that were encoded in WMV, but which Ross still possess as high-quality archive files.

Problem is that most people won't be able to use HEVC, and already have hardware acceleration for AVC decoding.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't use AVC. The videos will all be converted using handbrake (I found it had better playback compatibility than x264 commandline) from uncompressed AVI which I'll decompress. None of the sources are encoded in WMV, that's only what I've released. The original sources are all either HuffyUV or Xvid AVI. The early CP episodes were stored in HuffyUV, the 1280x720 ones (prior to The Tunnel) were encoded in max quality xvid, and the Freeman's Mind episodes were a mix between using a quantizer of 1 or 2 for the Xvid content. You guys may hate me, but I wasn't as concerned about ultra high quality for Freeman's Mind, though it still looks clearly better than any of the WMV copies.

though it still looks clearly better than any of the WMV copies.

Yeah, it is the reason why I am still hanging around, and reading the front page once in a while. The early FMs are a real interest to me, and I tend to keep the stuff that interests me on my hard drive. Being under Linux, I do not see the point in keeping WMV copies, either. :)