I think the Gman is...

A version of Barney Calhoun from the future.

I just blew your mind, didn't I?

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

HEUH NOPE.

“Follow my advice and you’ll die just like me! Huh-HYUK!”

-Gordon Freeman

Got it!

Gman is the supersentient future version of Gordon Freeman guiding himself through his destiny.

LOLNOPE

But seriously Gordon Freeman

A version of Barney Calhoun from the future.

I just blew your mind, didn't I?

If that's the case, he must have been shocked by the invasion so bad that he developed a whole bunch of weird mannerisms and really, really let him self go.

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

I think everyone pretty much assumes that the G-man is Gordon Freeman anyway. We'll just have to wait until Valve ever decide to reveal who/what he really is.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Huh, I never assumed that. I kinda thought of it as a "Adjustment Bureau" type thing, where there's a team of shady guys moderating time. Time that good ol' Gordon exploded.

Hah, slenderman. Good ol' 4chan corrupting something and having society catch up years later.

Very simple: The Gman doesn't exist and the resonance cascade didn't happen. Gordon is just having a bad trip, running around Black Mesa screaming, naked, destroying the labs, imagining he wears a suit that talks to him and he's being attacked by soldiers and wiered psychedelic aliens. The trip climaxes as he goes to "Xen" wich will later turn out to be a lobby where he leaped from one piece of furnature to the next, so he doesn't "fall into the void" and the Nihilanth was actually a pretty expensive chandelier or something.

Seriously I don't know how to tie HL 2 into this story, but it's a joke anyway (You may laugh if you wish to do so)

I don't know how to tie HL 2 into this story

He's in a rehabilitation clinic in HL2.

I doubt Valve themselves understand the story yet, but ironically maybe because of all this assuming that G-man is Gordon Freeman and talking on the internet about it, they will actually do that. Or they could do something completely different as a shock effect haha!

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

He's slenderman's apprentice. Nuff said.

No

y'all need to learn how to take a joke, even if it is a bad one. It's like no one here even knows me. You're all grounded.

take my eyes off you guys for one sec and you go serious on me. Since we're all serious now and draggin me along into your srs bzns I guess I'll chip in my own theory.

Gman is just a pawn. He's controlled by someone or something even higher up, much more powerful than him, and has yet to reveal itself. Not a human, as made clear by his abnormal behavior and ability to pop up anywhere at any time, but neither xen nor combine.

but cmon, there's nothing significant about my theory. It's just the obvious being stated after all. He is just some creepy employee of the intergalactic house of pancakes ordering you to open that door.

Retired Forum Moderator

Then he couldn't be named just "GF-man" or "F-man". G can mean everything. God? Gordon? Good? Guide? Game? G...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Obviously the G-man works for the railway organisation. Why else should he wear that ugly blue suit and stick around inside trains all the time?

Also at the beginning of HL 2, the train stopps after he disappears towards the front of the train. Obviously he was operating the train.