What would happen if Batman killed The Joker?

Sign in to follow this  

Would he go insane and turn into Justice Lord Batman? Or worse?

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

If he got to the point of actually murdering him, himself, he'd probably be too far gone to even care, and he'd probably go on a self destructive murderous spree of all the other major criminals, and then eventually smaller ones. And then police trying to get him to stop until eventually he's either gunned down by the authorities, or locked up in Arkham.

Warning: Arkham City spoilers

Consider the Arkham City ending, where Joker died. Batman, himself, with all his senses, felt like shit when the Joker died. He felt it was his fault, even thouh he knew Joker was an insane, horrible, evil human being, and basically killed himself by accident. The real Batman, not one driven to murderous insanity, would feel terrible if Joker died and it was even partly his fault. But, I'm pretty sure he'd stay the same, though, if maybe a little depressed.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'd retire and get a nice one-way ticket to the Bahamas.

Also Pinkie Pie, put a spoiler up. Luckily I played through Arkham City already but there are probably those who haven't.

My serious answer to the question put up before me.

Batman would actually probably give up being a superhero and go into some sort of anger/depression. He'd live as Bruce Wayne, but he'd go into hiding. Gotham would turn chaotic and villains (ya know besides the joker) would rise up. The situation would turn so bad that the police couldn't handle it. Robin (Tim Drake) would track down Batman, talk some sense into him. Badda Bing Badda Boom. Batman's back baby!

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

Also Pinkie Pie, put a spoiler up. Luckily I played through Arkham City already but there are probably those who haven't.

Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't do it at first because I figured people who hadn't played Arkham City right now probably won't care, really, or have already spoiled themselves. But may as well put spoilers just in case.

He starts beating on Robin.

sWPO0RlmtLo

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

yes ma'am!

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Yeah, you're probably right. I didn't do it at first because I figured people who hadn't played Arkham City right now probably won't care, really, or have already spoiled themselves. But may as well put spoilers just in case.

I haven't played the game yet but will at some point. The only reason I haven't got it right now is because when I was around 60% of the way through Arkham Asylum it corrupted my save. And mockingly told me in the game menu that all I could do was delete it. That was quite infuriating, I'd been enjoying the game so far. I intend to go back to it at some point, and will follow it with Arkham City.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Well if he did kill him, the writers would be happy with the conclusion of the character, but then DC marketing department would get wind of the death and make the writers ether undo it or bring the joker back to life, because we all know the no one ever stays dead in comics

non-euclidean fuck machine

But they do stay dead in the DCAU

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

If Batman killed the Joker, he could become the Joker.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I haven't played the game yet but will at some point. The only reason I haven't got it right now is because when I was around 60% of the way through Arkham Asylum it corrupted my save. And mockingly told me in the game menu that all I could do was delete it. That was quite infuriating, I'd been enjoying the game so far. I intend to go back to it at some point, and will follow it with Arkham City.

Ohh dude, that sucks. You definitely should, though. They're both great games. Arkham City is billions of times a great sequel.