Gabe Newell on Windows 8 and its Integrated Services

Sign in to follow this  

Oh god. If I don't get a new computer soon, I might have to spend extra just so I can downgrade to 7 and make everything actually manageable. GOD DAMMIT GATES!

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Why would you even want to be Apple? I mean, it's a company run by the douchebags, of the douchebags, and for the douchebags, and it was owned by a douchebag.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

GOD DAMMIT GATES!

Not at all wanting to be charitable to Gates but in this case, to be fair to him, it should rather be GOD DAMMIT BALLMER! I think...

Regards

Meh, I don't know much about the news or corporates or politics, so I go with the names I know and blame them.

Yea Alyxx. But anyone with half a brain knows that Apple is for the most part overpriced garbage. Sadly, most people on this planet have about 20-30% of a brain. :|

Apple still has a majority of market share.

Well, in tablets - maybe. But overall? Apple has still a long way to go (they appear to be moving there but I personally do not believe that tablets will take over PCs. I think it's a temporary fad and they will settle down to be a niche product for home internet browsing and traveling salesmen):

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2012/08/01/wintel_canalys/

"Figures from industry box-counter Canalys show 73 per cent of the 108.7 million PCs - desktops, notebooks, netbooks and pads - sold worldwide in Q2 were running on Microsoft's OS and had Intel inside."

Meh, I don't know much about the news or corporates or politics,

News? Gates left executive position in MSFT back in the year 2000 :-)

Here is Stev-i-e!

af26f631_Steve-Ballmer.jpg

Mind you, he will eventually run the company into the ground, Apple or no Apple...

Regards

Balmer is going to run Microsoft into the fucking ground. Between the two Steves, at least Jobs didn't fuck it up when he took over (and no, he didn't always own it; he was invited back after getting kicked out, only because Apple was about to go under).

Edit:

Oh god. If I don't get a new computer soon, I might have to spend extra just so I can downgrade to 7 and make everything actually manageable. GOD DAMMIT GATES!

Microsoft gave 7 users a chance to downgrade to XP or Vista. All you had to do is call and they'd give you a different key that you could use in the future to call back and upgrade to 7. Point being, they might offer a downgrade option. If not, there's always alternative methods to get 7... you may want to just buy an OEM package or two just in case.

Windows just needs to stick with what it's good at, in terms of interface. In contrast, look at OSX. Through the several yearly revisions, very little has changed. Features have been added and removed, as it natural for the evolution of an OS, but not once has any of those changes been super jarring. The biggest change they had was removed support for PowerPC-based applications, which some people whined about, but most have moved on from. The same can be said for most Linux distros, with Ubuntu being the exception, since the Unity interface has driven most to another distro such as Mint. Although, with Steam being easily installed in Ubuntu now, I can see people either dual/triple-booting with it now, if not switching again altogether.

You probably installed Steam and the games via Wine, unless you very recently tried it. Emulating games is always a bit jerky, just because you're running a general emulation layer on top of a game (most ported games also work like this, except the emulation layer is specific to the game and works much better).