New TF2 ARG in a nutshell as of August 12th, 2012.

Meet the Pyro was underwhelming? It was an animated short about the Pyro, what else where you expecting?

OT: Here is some more in depth info:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was expecting more than one fairly amusing POV joke being drawn out for 2 minutes. Just seems like it could have had more substance, and more gags about Pyro's personal life.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

All the other Meet the videos don't have much more than that do they?

This is the Pyro though. We already knew they were crazy. All the video said was "This is the exact type of crazy." No showing of what that means for their personal life, no opinions from the rest of the team aside from the three shown, just Candyland POV joke. If the other 5 team members each showed their own opinions on the Pyro, revealing parts of what he does when not fighting, punctuated with either the POV stuff or another kill for Pyro, it would have been fucking amazing. What's there works, kind of, but they easily could have done so much more without compromising the basic idea. The basic idea being "Pyro sees Candyland and doesn't realize they are killing...maybe." But as it is, Meet the Pyro feels more like a Beta than a complete video if you catch my drift.

That and there's pretty much no quotes from the video that can be used as memes. For a Meet the Team video, especially one that followed Meet the Medic, that is fucking disgraceful.

That was one of the early ones, before they hit their stride. Meet the Spy, Meet the Medic. Both of those were ones that aspired to be more than just witty laughs. They had the quotes, the memes and the wit. But they aspired to be more than JUST that. They evolved past just the basic idea of the videos. Meet the Pyro devolved back down to "Let's just have one joke and make it 2 minutes long", and it's sad to see such a thing.

I enjoyed Meet the Pyro.

I didn't know about the large tank that's apparently appeared on several maps. However I am looking forward to seeing what they do with robotic versions of the classes.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I don't even play TF2 but this looks cool and mysterious.

(also I feel obliged to mention a completely unrelated semi-hidden plotline that the devs are apparently working on in League of Legends involving a post-apocalyptic robot war)

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Oh mein Gott in Himmel!

Valve... Make a movie already.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Well this should certainly be entertaining!

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I remember how brutal Valve can make a co-op experience, L4D survival mode was a nightmare. Good luck.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."