Apple vs. Samsung, and other pointless legal battles...

Sign in to follow this  

Apple suing Samsung, Samsung returning the favor... What do you think of all this?

Apple started suing over the Galaxy S2/S3, saying that they were too similar to the iPhone 4... Apple has since admitted that they refused to pay for patents from Samsung that they used in making the iPhone 4...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I just wanna smack my head in the table.......

"Its similar to the iphone! You ripped us off!"

Does that mean Valve can sue Techland for making Dead island "similar" to left 4 dead ?

Its just really stupid. (So is the whole "Which one is best" debate, but lets not even get started on THAT).

"Life sucks sober!"

And the kicker is that most of the law suit is over software issues now, most of it is Google software that Apple is suing Samsung for. (similar looking icons and such)

[PS... This was written from my Android 4.0.3 tablet, and I see absolutely no similarities between Android and any of the pics of Apple produts apart from them both having digital keyboards and both being rectangular]

Didnt Apple try to sue Samsung for using rounded edges ? That company is retarded beyond belief....

Edit: Apple implying that they invented rounded edges.... *sigh*

"Life sucks sober!"

In general, I find all technology-related patent lawsuits (so the ones including kodak, intel, AMD, apple, samsung, htc, et cetera...) to be ridiculous. Just because Apple's involved here doesn't make things any more farfetched, which is contrary to the general consensus on the internet.

There was actually an interesting article by the Tek Syndicate talking about whether Apple has actually invented ANYTHING since the Woz years. Turns out, they've only invented 5 things. Everything else was just a meshing of already invented items into a successful product.

Also, there's this: http://allthingsd.com/20120807/samsungs-2010-report-on-how-its-galaxy-would-be-better-if-it-were-more-like-the-iphone/

Take it for what you will, it really shows how far Samsung has come, or rather how close they've come, to making an iphone look-a-like (in terms of software, anyway).

The patent system (the US one, in particular, as it gladly embraced things like software, method, gene patents etc in its desire to keep the revenue flows for its bunch of bureaucrats) is now nothing more than a Tommy gun for the modern IP gangsters.

Regards

The patent system (the US one, in particular, as it gladly embraced things like software, method, gene patents etc in its desire to keep the revenue flows for its bunch of bureaucrats) is now nothing more than a Tommy gun for the modern IP gangsters.

Regards

Apparently you didn't hear about the Proview v. Apple lawsuit out of China. That makes the cases in U.S. Patent courts look tame.

There are others suing in China, including one asking for $80,000 and an apology for using the name "Snow Leopard".

There are others suing in China, including one asking for $80,000 and an apology for using the name "Snow Leopard".

I stand corrected, THAT case makes the ones in the U.S. seem tame haha. That reminds me of the incident between Amazon and Apple for the "Amazon Appstore" name. Where were Ubuntu devs when Apple released the Mac App Store?

What you don't see in that article was that one of the jurors said something after the trial... "We're trying to send a message." he said.

Also, the next day it was found that 9 of the jurors owned nothing but Apple products, but that has yet to be reported on.

Too bad that's just how the random jury selection process went. I would hope that those jurors didn't vote based on what they own, since they should've mentioned a bias before the trial even started so that another juror could be fill the spot. Either way, it doesn't change the final outcome of the trial.

A video interview with the jury foreman, if anyone's interested: http://www.bloomberg.com/video/apple-jury-foreman-here-s-how-we-reached-a-verdict-RqtqHC25QbOBFg7xrWa5Wg.html

It's a commecial, the whole thing is a scam. Samsung makes chips for Apple, so Apple relies on Samsung so it doesn't make sense for them to sue, besides they both know by patent laws they both infringed each other rights, the money they transfer to each other is nothing from the whole lot and I've already heard one judge in a verdict say something like this "Samsung is the same product as Apple but has 25 % better screen, 10 % cheaper something else bla bla bla" an obvious commercial. In the end both products win from topics such as this.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.