Julian Assange Breaking News!

Sign in to follow this  

"Protesters and supporters of Julian Assange are being removed, or told to leave, from the street in front of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

All barricades in front of the embassy have also been removed and supporters have been told to leave.

People have been warned that arrests and pepper spray may follow later this evening if supporters try to remain on the scene."

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/331805#ixzz24yirpIKa

I really, really don't like it! Reminds me of Facists methods! Removing people from the scene, just like that and no one cares... Who knows what they want to do?

Looks like USA is pushing UK to give them Assange :/

Live feed from supporters of Assange http://www.livestream.com/occupylsx

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Funny , but maybe the fact that they are pushing for Assange publicly might be a good thing . I mean he pisssed a good number of fancy people and at this point if he did not just suddenly "disappear" or died in "car accident " might mean that if taken the normal process ( having a fair trial ) may apply . I believe that on the eve of an election and the fact that i have not seen any serious attempt to demonize the guy ( as in he is still a popular figure ) may make him somewhat of a risk to just rig a trial for .

However i might just be overly naive and optimistic .

Maybe it's just he's too smart to get caught in a "normal" (ohit was just an accident) way and this is the only way USA government has now....

Well he is wanted in Sweden for sexual assault , and with important people these kinda things can get shady , for example the Dominique Strauss-Kahn affair : he was known to be notoriously unable to keep it in his pants but still was at the time a potentially heavy political opponent for the french ex-president . Plus I'm not so sure he is really safe in that embassy , as in Ecuador could just sell him out for a diplomatic "bonus" with the us .

As far as I know, Swedish law is very vauge what can be said to be a sexual assault. Assange claims that the woman agreed to have sex. Besides I'm pretty sure she was just persuaded, forced or bribed to accuse him. Or she just acted from some personal reasons.

Assange is a VIP and as nothing else could be found strong enough to accuse him, sexual assault is a perfect weapon against him, ESPECIALLY for strict USA law.

Last time I checked, presidend of Ecuador assured that he supports Assange and as far as he can be, he's proceted inside of the embassy...

It's pretty funny when UK wanted to storm the Ecuador embassy aka declare war on Ecuador just to get this guy. Either they have a crap ton of bad secrets this guy knows or they still think they are an empire. In either case it's a lolz ;) And I think Assange will be just fine, too many countries are interested in him as a source of information, he can always bribe that for his life.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

The whole thing is getting a bit farcical now.

Assange is an idiot (to get caught like he has been, with his pants down) and also seems to have some disgusting habits (like not having shower before going to bed with a woman and probably not having shower in between going to bed with 2 different women!).

I am quite convinced that he was set up and framed by the US as far as the "rape" accusations are concerned and I am quite sure that Sweden was leaned upon, again by the US, to press ahead with the prosecution.

However, that is where the clarity ends for me. OK, he has made a point by appealing the extradition on the grounds that the Swedes are acting out of political considerations, as they obviously are. Yet, having lost the appeals, his best course of action would have been to go to Sweden and fight it out in court, protected somewhat by the high public profile he has generated for the case. His worst case would have been a Swedish custodial sentence (and lots of appeals), the best case - acquittal. Instead, he runs. WTF?

The idea that he was trying to avoid extradition to the US from Sweden by staying in the UK is laughable. It is far easier for the US to extradite him from here, with the corrupt extradition treaty made by Blair. The talk about the death penalty is also silly.

Now, he is a banal bail jumper instead of being a persecuted freedom-fighter. The UK will not do anything (they will not storm the embassy or shoot him through the window) - there is no point. He is not the UK problem now, time is on their side, they can wait for decades, if need be. He is the Ecuadorian PITA now and he has got himself cornered (and with a lot of pissed off supporters who stand to lose their bail deposits they put on his behalf). Not very wise move.

I was and still am generally sympathetic to his cause and his case (no matter how much he disgusts me as an individual) but he is not doing much to help himself.

Having said all this, I am not going to judge him. It is easy to be a wise-ass, commenting from an arm-chair. It is totally different when you have to decide what to do with your *own* freedom at stake. If he got scared and run - well, how many of us would have done the same in his place?

Regards

Assange is an idiot (to get caught like he has been, with his pants down) and also seems to have some disgusting habits (like not having shower before going to bed with a woman and probably not having shower in between going to bed with 2 different women!).

Why would you even care if he takes shower in between having sex?! Who cares?! :shock: What it has to do with the case?? Did he get arrested and prosecuted for not having a shower? This is ridiculous! :lol:

I absolutely don't care about what he does or does not do. And it has nothing to do with the case, not directly, anyway.

The man may be a complete egotistic pig (and he probably is, by the look of it) but that does not mean that he should be falsely accused and then persecuted for political purposes.

Regards

P.S. But not taking showers? That's gross! Just imagine the stink... :shock:

I absolutely don't care about what he does or does not do. And it has nothing to do with the case, not directly, anyway.

P.S. But not taking showers? That's gross! Just imagine the stink... :shock:

You are just saying nonsense! If you don't care, you shouldn't even mention it in the first place. Do you ever think if Ross takes showers? :lol: What if not??? OMG! :o

Oh, no. It may not be a crime but it is relevant because he is accused of a sex crime and this goes straight to the accused person's character and the shower problem is on file as part of the "victim's" complaint.

Ross has not ever been accused of any sexual misbehaviour, to the best of my knowledge, so this is not an issue.

Regards

Oh, no. It may not be a crime but it is relevant because he is accused of a sex crime and this goes straight to the accused person's character and the shower problem is on file as part of the "victim's" complaint.

Ross has not ever been accused of any sexual misbehaviour, to the best of my knowledge, so this is not an issue.

Regards

:lol:

I have never read anything so ridiculous on this forum before!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I, for one, do not find anything ridiculous in Ross having not been accused of sexual crimes! :!:

Regards :lol:

The US seems to have declared Assange an e̶n̶e̶m̶a̶ enemy of the state. Now any US serviceman/woman caught receiving an email xmas postcard from Assange can be shot.

Let me be the first to congratulate Mr Assange with making the list of top mighty villains (such as the g̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶e̶n̶t̶ tropical island of Cuba, late Osama Been Laden, and Gordon Freeman).

Regards

Um, me personally I can see why the US would want to fuck this guy up, the same for Britain even if it does risk going to war with another country.

Example.

I'm an Intelligence Agent and my main job is to collect information on... Hezbollah.

The people of the world don't need to know I exist.

For the safety of my family I don't want the people of the world to know I exist.

Thanks to some dip-fuck Australian (I am Australian, so don't curse me out) creates a website and hacks into and distributes a list of my agents and informants. Now thanks to this information being public knowledge some of my operations which have saved thousands of lives are public knowledge. My informants have all gone dark and I can never work in Afghanistan again.

My family is in danger. I fear going back to work because I don't want to end up on Al Jazeera being beheaded. I fear that thanks to this drop-kick I am going to end up dead, my family ends up missing or beheaded on Al Jazeera while extremists are screaming about God being great.

Yup, every intelligence agency in the world will totally not be gunning for this guy!

I'd honestly pay to see what would happen if this guy pissed off Mossad..

Aside from the small matter that Assange himself did not hack anything but just published the stuff others provided him with, yes, those are some of the reasons why the US establishment would hate him.

But, you know, a burglar may hate a homeowner who installed an alarm system but that's just tough. It does not give the burglar rights to complain.

If an intelligence service cannot keep its secrets tight or if a government gets exposed shooting civilians, ultimately, it is their own fault (the government's, not the shot civilians, I mean) and so, shooting down the messenger is not in their own public interest. But the US is trying to do just that and in the end they will only shoot themselves in the foot.

Regards

Exposing corruption and crimes against humanity, etc: Good. Leaking information about undercover agents for no GOOD reason that puts them and their families at risk: Bad.

There's no good excuse I can think of for exposing the latter. You may criticise the intelligence service or whatever it is for being unable to keep secrets but the fact remains that if that information genuinely puts people and their families at risk leaking it is morally wrong and there is no justification for an individual leaking it whatsoever.

That said I don't know much about EVERYTHING Wikileaks has leaked, but regardless, I stand by what I just said in the above paragraph.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Lord Sinister, I don't think Wikileaks leaks information about undercover agents. They leak government actions mostly, and most of their information COMES from undercover agents who put themselves at risk, but it's all voluntarily from the undercover agent's side..

We all remember that soldier who got charged for treason by the united states when he put some info on wikileaks, wait, what the hell happened to him anyway?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Lord Sinister, I don't think Wikileaks leaks information about undercover agents. They leak government actions mostly, and most of their information COMES from undercover agents who put themselves at risk, but it's all voluntarily from the undercover agent's side..

Well I was mostly replying to the previous two posters. As far as I'm aware though Wikileaks has all sorts of information on it although I don't personally know if any of it puts anyone at risk. As you say, with any luck they do remove any information that would put people and their families at risk.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Wikileaks is Scientology for Anonymous. Or, it was. Now, apparently, there's been a schism because wikileaks wants PAID.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2012/10/wikileaks-implements-paywall-anonymous-does-not-approve/57839/

I laugh.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.