Bioshock Infinite making big claims about ending

Will Bioshock Infinite have an ending unlike ANY OTHER videogame?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bioshock Infinite have an ending unlike ANY OTHER videogame?

• 1. Yes, amazing they could do that.
    • 2. No, Ken Levine is just trolling people.
    • 3. No, Ken Levine is ignorant of a lot of game endings.

Sign in to follow this  

[spoiler]I suppose. Especially in the good ending. [img]http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/14240341/images/590/bioshock2_b09_558.jpg[/img] I guess I was saying more that I fail to see how the bad ending is adorable as you say. She's sitting there talking about how the world will bow in fear as she destroys the human race or something like that.[/spoiler]

maybe he's into domination or something.

either way 2cute4me.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."

I suppose. Especially in the good ending.

bioshock2_b09_558.jpg

I guess I was saying more that I fail to see how the bad ending is adorable as you say. She's sitting there talking about how the world will bow in fear as she destroys the human race or something like that.

Well, I didn't say it was adorable as in that's normally what I think when I think of the word 'adorable'.(It is, though, obviously) I just meant that, from a very evil, twisted viewpoint such as her's, she's planning on doing something horrible yeah...but she still expects you to be proud of her. I wouldn't be proud of her at all, but the fact that she thinks this is what you would want makes it a lot cuter in a naive sort of way than if, say, she did it just because she was dag-nasty evil.

Anyway, while where the discussion went was entirely off-topic, the fact still remains that that is a pretty unique ending as far as video game endings go. I'm not so much disbelieving of the fact that Infinite might have a 'unique' ending but how far will that go? To use BS2's ending as an example,

The way you might interpret it, it could go as deep as 'Your daughter kills you and intends to screw everything while expecting you to be proud of her.' (Which is pretty unique.)

Or, it could just be as simple as,

'An ending where you die.' (Lots of games have that. Hell, practically almost every game does if you count Game Over screens.)

'A bad ending.' (Essentially, an ending where you simply fail)

I'm actually inclined to believe in Chuck's theory. For all we know, it could just be visually different.

For example, 'ascent to a higher being', but because THESE events happened, whatever they may be. See? Difference! But basically, it's the same ending.

Or they could go with 'kill the bad guy' whoever that is, but he dies THIS WAY! It's different because of THIS!

And yeah, for all we know, they only said that to hype up the game.

Slight ME3 spoilers:

Just like how Bioware stated that ME3 would have multiple endings, 'not just an 'A, B, C' ending'. Their words. And then it turned out that that was exactly what happened. People have really grasped for straws and said that there are 16 endings, but I don't see it. There are three choices (four in the Extended Cut, but that was the 'bad ending') Some people have claimed there's only ONE ending, despite choices, but I think that may be a little harsh. Point being, they made up that claim to hype people up.

I've heard good things about the Bioshock games, but I've had disappointments with games in the past, and ME3, while very early this year, is still a bit of an open wound with me. I'm getting tired of people not living up to the rest of their product in the end this year. I don't like developers making big claims knowing full well they can't live up to them. Especially in very story-centric series with huge audiences and, up till then, good plots.

(I also hate adding multiplayer to said story-centric games after almost every other entry in the series didn't have it, and it detracted from the overall workload of development. Maybe ACIII didn't have a problem, but I know ME3 needed all the help it could get. They pushed that game back and it still was unfinished.) That's what I really like about Batman: Arkham City. People (idiots, mind you) begged to have multiplayer in AC and Rocksteady shut them down because it was pointless. And you know what? That game was really good and had a damn good ending. (Granted, the DLC was a bit disappointing)

I'm just saying I really hope the ending wows everybody. We don't need another ending controvery that lasts a whole year and longer just for the sake of staying 'in people's minds'. Fucking Bioware...

/rant

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I thought the bad ending of BS2 was

Your daughter goes apeshit, kills you, then swears to kill everyone in the world. (And expects you to be very proud of her.)

Close, but actually

The daughter takes your essence as part of her if you choose to survive

So yeah, you can get a sex change in Bioshock 2's ending.

Just as a heads up Infinite won't have multiplayer.

And no one ate dinner that night. Oh wait, this is probably for the best. That means the development time is going into the campaign and not some boring multiplayer in a game that doesn't need it.

I hope it's not some kind of meta-ending where it breaks the fourth wall or something. Or, I don't know, maybe it's not ambitious conceptually, but visually or subject-wise. I hope they aren't trying too hard to make something groundbreaking - that generally ends in the ending being forced and largely irrelevant.

Whatever the case is, I bet their PR team is tearing their hair out; claims like this always leave a lot of people disappointed.

I wonder if the ending is going to turn Windows computers into Linux computers... Never seen a game ending do that to anyone...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.