Buying games on steam from others

Sign in to follow this  

I was just wondering, since I can't buy anything on steam (I don't use paypal) so is it possible to buy games on steam from other players for tf2 items? I mean 1 key is 1.44$ atm so... is it even possible? Can I do that?

And what If I buy a game on CD, from an IRL store that is also aviable on steam. Can I sign the CD somehow?

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I guess it's possible to offer someone something in return for them gifting them a game. But I don't think you can buy games people already own.

EDIT: okay I get it. Thanks to Alyxx who told my how does it work.

So... I want to buy Amnesia on steam (I don't use paypal) and the only thing I can give are TF2 items. I'd pay someone for buying me a gift of that game. I think the most trustful are keys.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent costs $20.50 at the moment, that is 8.23 tf2 keys.

I really want to ask ppl here for help, because I know you and I can trust you. I don't want to be scammed.

I've lived tour situation since my steam career started. I'm a minor so i can't use international credit/debit cards (so no paypal). I got a friend to buy me the games and "gift" them to me. And I transfered the money to him via local banks. I bought several games like that and most recently I exchanged some vintage and strange TF2 items for a copy of Borderlands 2.

It's safe and legal as long as your counterpart is someone tou can trust. In both cases I knew the people that did me the favor. Now steam makes it much easier with the new inventory system.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

So... I want to buy Amnesia on steam

This issue has been addressed.

J.C you... You... Thank you! O__O

*dies*