Buying games on steam from others

Sign in to follow this  

I was just wondering, since I can't buy anything on steam (I don't use paypal) so is it possible to buy games on steam from other players for tf2 items? I mean 1 key is 1.44$ atm so... is it even possible? Can I do that?

And what If I buy a game on CD, from an IRL store that is also aviable on steam. Can I sign the CD somehow?

I guess it's possible to offer someone something in return for them gifting them a game. But I don't think you can buy games people already own.

I guess it's possible to offer someone something in return for them gifting them a game. But I don't think you can buy games people already own.

EDIT: okay I get it. Thanks to Alyxx who told my how does it work.

So... I want to buy Amnesia on steam (I don't use paypal) and the only thing I can give are TF2 items. I'd pay someone for buying me a gift of that game. I think the most trustful are keys.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent costs $20.50 at the moment, that is 8.23 tf2 keys.

I really want to ask ppl here for help, because I know you and I can trust you. I don't want to be scammed.

I've lived tour situation since my steam career started. I'm a minor so i can't use international credit/debit cards (so no paypal). I got a friend to buy me the games and "gift" them to me. And I transfered the money to him via local banks. I bought several games like that and most recently I exchanged some vintage and strange TF2 items for a copy of Borderlands 2.

It's safe and legal as long as your counterpart is someone tou can trust. In both cases I knew the people that did me the favor. Now steam makes it much easier with the new inventory system.

So... I want to buy Amnesia on steam

This issue has been addressed.