Happiness / Serious Topic?

Sign in to follow this  

Happiness doesn't sound like a serious topic but without it we are all pretty much useless so I thought I would start a topic where anyone can feel free to share their happiest moments in life. Be it from a road trip, religious experience, physical discovery, etc... It can be specific or vague, ANYTHING that brings you joy and happiness please describe here and maybe it will inspire someone else or just bring back some good memories.

I couldn't very well start a topic asking something of you guys without answering the question myself now, could I? I guess I could, but I won't.

It may sound cheesy but I am happiest when I can help do or provide for others. I have a vision impairment and have always needed assistance of some sort. Driving is my biggest reliance on others so when I can somehow feel I am repaying or paying forward a kindness to me it really makes my day. I have a fairly normal life as an adult now and providing for and helping others really makes me feel worthwhile and smile on a daily basis. That's a bit vague so other than that, and more specific, my happiest moment would have to be camping as a child with my parents. I absolutely loved it. We would go to Tennessee near Pigeon Forge every year or so when I was around 10 years old. Pitching the tent, fishing in the stream, cooking and eating the small catch, hiking the trails, coming back exhausted then hitting the arcade and playing Ms PacMan til I spent all my allowance. Can't beat it! :-)

Please share your story.

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Honestly, I can't remember any one specific time that I could consider my happiest... I can list a few times though...

1. Any time I went and walked through a section of woods near my house when I was 7-8 years old. I always went in the rather large area that no one else every wanted to because it was a harder area to travel in. I ended up finding a nice small clearing one time, and just laid back and took a 3 hour nap. Woke up to a black bear wandering past, a pack of wolves off to the other side of the clearing, and a small deer sleeping next to me. I never found the clearing again.

2. Camping. Any time I went camping. One of the best was when I was on a SaREx (Search and Rescue Exercise) with Civil Air Patrol. We had about 40 people (all but 4 were non-adult teens) and we did capture the flag in a 1/2 mile x 1/4 mile area after dark. My team would've won had we been allowed to continue, but one guy ran into a tree, so the rest of us were told to stop. (adults are so overprotective, he even wanted to go back to playing once he got a bandage on his head)

3. Any time I'm with friends. You know, just sitting around bullshitting-the-breeze... You don't ever really remember the conversations, but that's where nicknames come from.

There are a lot more, but I'm limiting myself to 3 at a time right now. Don't mistake this as a "top 3 list", it's just three times that are forefront in my mind right now.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Happiness... that was back when

The grass was greener

The light was brighter

The taste was sweeter

The nights of wonder

With friends surrounded

The dawn mist glowing

The water flowing

The endless river

:shock::(

Regards

Division bell is pretty awesome!

EDIT: boy nobody likes to admit being happy?

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

cool! :-)

I'm happiest when I'm doing something with good people, or when I'm doing productive work by myself. It's sort of a clean feeling to work hard and end up exhausted, but with a final product done right. If there's nice weather, a good breeze, sun, or even a rain shower, I'll be in a happy mood.

Here's a mini-story of something that made me happy. I was in a shop, and I overheard a dad speaking with his (6 year old?) son. The son wanted a shirt, and brought it to his dad. "Honey, that shirt is too big for you." The kid runs away, and comes back with a different one. "This is a large. Go see if they have a small for you." The son looks at the tag, perplexed. "Oh. I thought the L was for little."

A cute conversation, it really made me smile.

There's a scene in an old JLA comic where something is affecting the minds of all the inmates at Arkham asylum, causing them to feel crushing remorse and regret as Batman watches. Later, Wonder Woman asks if he learned anything from them (about what was happening). Batman responds "Yes. I can still feel joy."

That's about it for me. Happiness? Eh... Satisfaction, maybe.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.